Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kmember and manual rack problems....

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kmember and manual rack problems....

Ok, so i finally got around to putting my kmember into the car. it's already assembled with a madman steering rack on it. anyways, i get the kmember lined up and the back 2 bolts in on both sides, but the front bolt on either side does not line up at all, what's up, what would cause something like this? also, the stud on the steering arm is like 9/16" or so, and the hole in the spindle that it is supposed to go in is like 7/16" and it's not even close to fitting, anyone know what's up there? any info is appreciated. thanks
Old 04-30-2006, 12:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whos kmember, some are better quality, bmr ive never had fit problems, id say maby it was wrecked at some point maby? dunno
Old 04-30-2006, 12:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to drill the spindle out to 5/8" if its a madman setup
Old 04-30-2006, 12:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahh, yeah it's a madman setup, guess i'll have to get me a new drill bit and get after those spindles tomorrow. thanks xssive.

the Kmember is a BMR but the car its on and the car it came off of neither have ever been wrecked. maybe i just had to much to drink or something when i got to that part. i worked on the thing for about 6 hours and the kmember was the last thing. thanks for the help guys!!