Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension questions for the strip

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 04:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suspension questions for the strip

Ok, I finally have enough power to satisfy me for the moment so Im going to focus on getting my car to launch correctly now. I am completely cluless when it comes to drag racing suspension. My suspension is completely stock except for bmr subframe connectors and a BMR non adjustable trans mounted TA.(I will eventually get a non trans mounted adjustable TA but its not 1st on my list)

What suspension mods should be done 1st?

Which will show the biggest improvement?

Which are the cheapest/easiest?

I rarely drive this car anywhere but to the track, but do take it out for a cruise once in a while, and it is my backup car if my commuter car and bike both break
Old 04-30-2006, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Tires, correct rate springs, adj shocks, Lower control arms, Tq arm, rear sway, bag, PHR, lighten the front....
the list goes on and on...
Old 04-30-2006, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Steve Gunn
Tires, correct rate springs, adj shocks, Lower control arms, Tq arm, rear sway, bag, PHR, lighten the front....
the list goes on and on...
Im running ET streets (bias ply) right now and may be going with the ET radials next. I was thinking springs might be the first thing to tackle suspension-wise also. Ive seen my car on video and it really squats on the launch and the 1-2 shift. Back to the me being clueless thing, what are the correct rate springs for me, or how do I determine that?
Old 04-30-2006, 05:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a 01 ws6 close to stock weight. my 60 foots are 1.49 to 1.53 lifting the front wheels. i have bmr lca's w/relocatr brackets,bmr tq arm,pan hard rod,bmr tube frontend(didn't help much on car,for the money kinda worth less) fraim welded and hal q-a1's all the way around #1 on front pass rear #5 driv rear #3. i have stock springs all around .you better have a 12 bolt,i do with 4.11's m6 car and the big kicker the slicks. i don't like mickey thompson at all,i run the m&h racemaster 26x11.5 x15 on welds and they out hook mickey and hoosier(yes i've tried the mickeys and hoosiers i'm not just **** talking) for the m&h look at www.intercotire.com goodluck to ya.

Last edited by mike c.; 04-30-2006 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Threesixes
Im running ET streets (bias ply) right now and may be going with the ET radials next. I was thinking springs might be the first thing to tackle suspension-wise also. Ive seen my car on video and it really squats on the launch and the 1-2 shift. Back to the me being clueless thing, what are the correct rate springs for me, or how do I determine that?
cruise the sponsor sites. QA1 make shocks and springs specific to the F-body at 2 or 3 different rates and applications.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mike c.
i have a 01 ws6 close to stock weight. my 60 foots are 1.49 to 1.53 lifting the front wheels. i have bmr lca's w/relocatr brackets,bmr tq arm,pan hard rod,bmr tube frontend(didn't help much on car,for the money kinda worth less) fraim welded and hal q-a1's all the way around #1 on front pass rear #5 driv rear #3. i have stock springs all around .you better have a 12 bolt,i do with 4.11's m6 car and the big kicker the slicks. i don't like mickey thompson at all,i run the m&h racemaster 26x11.5 x15 on welds and they out hook mickey and hoosier(yes i've tried the mickeys and hoosiers i'm not just **** talking) for the m&h look at www.intercotire.com goodluck to ya.
You have QA1s and stock springs? Ive been checking them out and I always see them selling springs for the QA1s. Are they still coilovers? Or are there different QA1s that do not require the springs? Can I get the shocks 1st and the springs later? I'm not clear on these shocks.

I do have a 12-bolt with 3.73s. What are you trapping and what RPM are you crossing the finish line on a 26 inch tire with the 4.11s?

Also I thought the relocation brackets were for lowered cars. I guess this is not the case?