Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shocks... Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shocks... Questions

To sum up my experience with shocks other than stock - 0, that is none. So Im a noob with this stuff. Ive never had anything but stock shocks in any of my rides. With this car, Im going drag racing with 650 expected rwhp on tap. But I also drive it on the street once in a while.
Here's how the suspension setups gonna be so far:
-BMR boxed subframes
-BMR tubular LCA's w/ relocation brackets
-Trak Pak Torque Arm
-BMR Xtreme duty torque arm
-HAL/QA1 coil-over front shocks w/ 275lb springs
-HAL/QA1 rear shocks, stock springs
-Weld Prostars, 15x10 & 15x4-5
-M/T 28.0x10.5-15w's

The shocks are were Im confused... As I understand, the F-series front shocks are 12way adjustable, 70/30 valving. While the R-series are 90/10 valving.
Im not sure what the rear shocks valving is like for the either series, though Im sure one is 50/50. Anyone care to chime in? Which one's gonna be 50/50 valved?

Could someone explain to me exactly what adjusting the 12way **** will do to ride/handling/launch caracteristics? Basically what would I be adjusting? Stiffness?

What exactly is 90/10, 70/30, 50/50, etc? Or should I say what do these numbers describe besides 'valving'?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but Im just starting to learn some suspension setup stuff, and this topic is just hanging me up.
I want to get shocks/springs that will allow me to get nice 60' times, and help with big-end stability. But also be able to adjust to a more comfortable, positive feeling street ride on street tires when Im not at the track running slicks.