Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

frontsway bar!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default frontsway bar!

How many of u guys dont have it and at what point do we need it?
Old 05-18-2006, 06:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Drag-only cars don't need a front sway bar. You need it for highway driving unless you always drive very conservatively. This means no agressive cornerning and always being aware of the need to avoid any violent swerve. Most of us should have a front sway bar because it improves stability and therefore, safety.

Last edited by Gary Z; 05-18-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary Z
Drag-only cars don't need a front sway bar. You need it for highway driving unless you always drive very conservatively. This means no agressive cornerning and always being aware of the need to avoid any violent swerve. Most of us should have a front sway bar because it improves stability and therefore, safety.
What?

I drive my car every single day without one. I have 18" c6 zo6 whels, lowered an inch or two, and I have never once rubbed around a sharp corner. No one would even be able to tell if you remove it.....unless you told them.

I would delete it unless you autocross or mountain run frequently.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I run all over the place without mine too. If you have a relativly stiff front spring and shock combo you really don't even notice that it's gone. I was on the highway last year and had to cut the wheel when a truck lost a peice of cord wood out the back, car handled the situation fine and I was on Prostars that day too. I'm running QA1 "R"s in the front with Hypercoil springs, the shocks are always set full loose (rebound).