Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use a practice tree?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 11:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone use a practice tree?

the tree is killiing me at the track. I was wanting to get a practice tree and did not know what type to get. the pocket ones look very convenient(under $100) but the other portable ones with the ac/dc connectors look much better. I only run in bracket racing, so I'm not in the pro's. Any suggestions???
Old 05-29-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Junkie

I remember looking at them a while back on Summit Racing's site because I thought it would be a cool way to practive, but those suckers can be expensive!
Old 05-29-2006, 05:14 PM
Banned

are these the ones that you have a button in your hand and react with that? i don't really see how that would help your reaction with your foot inside the car unless you have a car with a transbrake and are releasing the button for launch, then i could see it's usefullness.

btw, in bracket racing the tree is MUCH more important than in the "pros", but ofcourse the tree is of utmost importance in ANY class.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

i've been racing for 10 years since i was 9 in jr drag racing. i now run super pro and st./pro in my camaro and have won many races (not to sound cocky) in all of the cars. the tree IS the most important part and the whole button thing they have foot pedals for one and the other is the whole fact or "finding a spot" you have to have a spot on the tree and that comes just from learning what feels comfortable. you find that spot on a practice tree. me persaonlly i have a portable hand held and a full size biondo racing tree at the house also.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:46 PM
9 Second Club

I use one of the little handheld $100 trees from summit.

While it is not the end all be all it does help you eye to brain reaction. When using one of these it is not about getting a perfect light but it is about training yourself to react the same way every time.

The best thing is track time but if you have to kill some time like I do at airports and hotels at night...it helps
Old 06-04-2006, 05:59 AM
On The Tree

exactly once you find that comfortable spot on the tree you can adjust your starting line rpms, front tire pressure, ect to bring the reaction time better or slower
Old 06-04-2006, 07:01 AM
9 Second Club

This guy I know used to use that practice tree all the time. I've never used it. When we used to race together I tree'd him every time.