Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need HELP, LS series engine with a Pro-Charger

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006 | 08:43 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

Default Need HELP, LS series engine with a Pro-Charger

Ok, before anyone crys there is a post about this subject, I tried looking, but I'm old and 1/2 blind, and couldn't find one.

I would like to talk to anyone running this combination in the 1600-1700 HP plus range.
I am running in Top Sportsman and need to run 6.75 in the 1/4.

I have a car that can handle it (been 6.50 already) I wanted to just buy a big inch chevy, and be done with it.
I was thinking about a Pro-Charger for 2 years now, and a engine guy I trust, is pushing a LS series SBC.
I would like to listen to anyone that has real info about this combination.
If I can't find anyone that has had good luck running this, I will probably just order a 760" BBC from Schmidt,
so I don't need any turbo or N2O combinations.

Thanks for reading, be safe everyone, keep it on the track.

JBL
Old 08-31-2006 | 04:35 AM
Banned

I know wheel 2 wheel powertrain had a 1700 hp TT Iron block motor. They could probably steer you in the right direction. Look over here for W2W powertrain --->

hope this helps ya out.

Nate
Old 08-31-2006 | 06:28 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

If you want to be competitive with a fair sized budget then go BBC. Right now the technology isnt out there for the LS based engines. Yeah the power can be made but keeping the motor together for a weekend of racing will be hard. The LS based motors have some new technology coming but it hasnt been proven.

I would love to see someone take a LS engine and make 1700hp and be able to race 10 rounds competitively. Its just not happened yet. W2W has the best chance of getting there though.

225-343-9029
Old 09-04-2006 | 05:40 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

Thanks guys, this shop is real good, I actually trust them. A little on the expensive side, but top quality. They did just build a 4 cylinder turbo motor that made 1500 HP, I saw on the dyno, and it was on the news for breaking a salt flats record. He swears they have a few of these 2000 HP LSX's out there with Canfield heads & aluminium blocks.

Oh yea, the horns scared me ! ! ! ! !