Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front suspension setup questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front suspension setup questions

I just got the rear suspension (minus springs/shocks) on my car setup, and now I'm considering doing the front because of weight (3500 w/o me). The car is a daily driver, and needs to maintain driveability. How streetable is a tubular k member and tubular upper/lower a-arm setup? Do I need to stay away from the chrome-moly k-member for a street car?

Is my money better spent on a drag shock/spring setup at this time or cutting weight? I'll be on MT ET Street radials.

Current performance mods are full bolt ons
Rear includes Moser 9" w/ 4.10's, Spohn adjustable panhard bar, lca's, body mounted adjustable tq arm, all with poly bushings.

Last edited by SidewayzOZ; 03-09-2007 at 06:12 AM.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go with the chrome-moly its lighter and just as strong... i've had mine on the c ar for 7 years with no problems
Old 03-09-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SidewayzOZ
Is my money better spent on a drag shock/spring setup at this time or cutting weight? I'll be on MT ET Street radials.
I think so, i did the front Qa1 shocks/springs, brakes/rotors and lost front sway bar..

I have heard good and bad aboout K members and A arms.. eventually i think i will get to it, but at the moment i am using mymoney in other places..