Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

soft lock style clutch???

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 02:25 PM
8 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default soft lock style clutch???

anyone running a soft-lock style clutch in their cars??? This is truly the only way to go for a drag car, but I havent seen or read of a bolt in available clutch of this style, for the newer F cars. Do you have to put in a larger belhousing and longer input shaft in the trans in order to run a push style clutch? and use a convensional soft-lock setup ????
Old 03-31-2007, 11:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one and it fits with some modification. I also have a mcleod scatter shield. I love the way it works, it is very managable. It does ttake some time to get it tuned correctly thought, but it sounds like you have some experience with them.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:36 PM
8 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What mods specifically? just the larger Sfi belhousing to fit a push style clutch? did trans need to be moved back very much? and did this effect the shifterhole/mounting much???
I have never used one of theese clutches personnally, but after alot of research and helping a freind with a similar setup in a 56 chev, I am convinced that using a regular clutch for drag racing is just wasting your time, and beaking alot of parts. kinda like trying to race an automatic with no high stall converter.
Barrett
Old 04-03-2007, 07:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting. Can you inform the rest of us on this?