Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SFI Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SFI Question

During the Chassis Cert and/or tech process how do they Verify that you have all the Required Equipment?

I would hate to put my car together and findout that i have to pull the trans so they can check the case,bell, and flex plate. or have to start moving crap out of the way for them to check the balancer.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:42 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

I bring a sheet with all the SFI # and each stickers serial number & date.

They usually shine a lite on the trans and if they see the stickers they will believe u.

I've never seen them make u pull anything to check. A nice typed list with everything will make u look professional and they will tend to trust u more.

Have a nice clean fire suit, nice helmet in a bag, even go more than the minimum, I think everyone should wear gloves, collar, boots ect.

If they catch u half assing one thing, they will crawl up ur *** about everything else.

Look & sound professional & knowledgable and they will know u r not a hack trying to skate by. My trans has internal shields, so there is no way to check, flex plate is covered and blocked by diaper, ect. It is impossible to see every sticker.
Good luck.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrdragster1970

I bring a sheet with all the SFI # and each stickers serial number & date.

They usually shine a lite on the trans and if they see the stickers they will believe u.

I've never seen them make u pull anything to check. A nice typed list with everything will make u look professional and they will tend to trust u more.

Have a nice clean fire suit, nice helmet in a bag, even go more than the minimum, I think everyone should wear gloves, collar, boots ect.

If they catch u half assing one thing, they will crawl up ur *** about everything else.

Look & sound professional & knowledgable and they will know u r not a hack trying to skate by. My trans has internal shields, so there is no way to check, flex plate is covered and blocked by diaper, ect. It is impossible to see every sticker.
Good luck.

Thanks thats exactly what i wanted to know, How strict are they about enforcing the engine diaper regulation?

any idea where to get one for a 4th gen f-body
Old 04-11-2007, 05:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The engine diaper rule is only being enforced at NHRA divisional and National events. I recommend one but it isnt required. Taylor Motorsports will make you a custom one.

225-343-9029