Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY new setup. help on launching

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MY new setup. help on launching

WIth my old setup I ran 8.07 @ 89.25 mph at best with a 1.89 60'..

I had Nitto 555Rs, Pacesetter LT, ORY, SLP LM1, and SLP lid, SPohn adjustable LCA poly bushings, tubular. . My nittos were bald and my clutch was fried.. 2002 M6 Z28

Later on I got a LS7 clutch and fidanza aluminum flywheel. and ran a best of 8.1 @ 90 mph with a high 1.9 60' ... and I ran a best 1/4 mile time of 12.80 @ 110mph with a sucky 2.0 60' and 8.33 1/8 mile.

now I have a 25% u/d pulley, strano springs, 35mm front swaybar and 21 or 22mm rear swaybar, Hotchkiss PHB, Koni shocks, removed my AIR system and just rebuilt my T-56...

I also am getting a 12 bolt with 3.73s and a torque arm along with a TSP X pipe.

What should I be expecting to run.

I have Nitto 555Rs now, what should I set my tire pressure on and launch at? with my old setup ( 8.07) I put them @ 12 psi and launched at 3700 RPMs. m after the aluminumn flywheel all I did was spin. sould I do better with my 12 bolt and Nittos? or would I need slicks?

BTW My nest tires will be M/T street drag radials...

I need info on how to launch with my new stup so I dont beat the crap out of the rear, testing. Id rather have an Idea on how you guys launch with a similar setup.

6 speed, full boltons almost..

soon to get a head and cam package, hoping to make 450WHP..

thanks..
Old 04-20-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First take off your brand new front sway bar, at least at the track. You'll have better weight transfer. Assuming your Koni are adjustable (I use QA1 and don't know the settings on Koni) set front on 3 and rears at 6. Again weight transfer.

Start at like 17psi on your tires. Your next set of tires (M/T) will do better than your 555's, BUT do a big burn out on your 1st pass, smaller burn outs on 2nd and subsquent runs. Go up or down 1lb at a time according to spin or bog until your 60's stop improving.

With that clutch set-up, re-built T56, 12-bolt... there is no reason not to do a clutch drop at 5000rmps. Yea right, you don't want to beat the **** out of your new rear-end? Drag racing leans heavy towards do just that. You should be fine as long as the rear end was set up correctly.

Time prediction: Only as good as the driver with an M6...but if it was 12.8 before I'd say 12.3, maybe better. Air temps and track prep will have a lot to do with your times also.

David
Old 04-21-2007, 12:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Navy David SS
First take off your brand new front sway bar, at least at the track. You'll have better weight transfer. Assuming your Koni are adjustable (I use QA1 and don't know the settings on Koni) set front on 3 and rears at 6. Again weight transfer.

Start at like 17psi on your tires. Your next set of tires (M/T) will do better than your 555's, BUT do a big burn out on your 1st pass, smaller burn outs on 2nd and subsquent runs. Go up or down 1lb at a time according to spin or bog until your 60's stop improving.

With that clutch set-up, re-built T56, 12-bolt... there is no reason not to do a clutch drop at 5000rmps. Yea right, you don't want to beat the **** out of your new rear-end? Drag racing leans heavy towards do just that. You should be fine as long as the rear end was set up correctly.

Time prediction: Only as good as the driver with an M6...but if it was 12.8 before I'd say 12.3, maybe better. Air temps and track prep will have a lot to do with your times also.

David
Thanks for your input david, but I think 17 psi is a tad high for a launch. I was launching at 14 and 12 psi before and I think with slicks I will surely be able to make an 11.9 second pass. because according to my 8.07 pass in the 1/8 that is a mid 12 second pass... after that I have a numerically higher gear ratio, I could laucnh it with slicks and my suspension will help me in both aerodynamics and keeping the car stable during launching and shifting.

the reason I dont wanna clutch dump is because the 12 bolts tend to whine if launched at above 5000 RPMs also the LS7 clutches dont take clutch dumps over 4000 RPM too kindly.

Just saying, but thanks.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am pretty much a clone of your car. I was running 12.7-12.8, and then I got a LS7 clutch, and got a 12.4@114 w/ a 1.86 60'. I am looking to do the 12 bolt with 4.10's/4.11's and a 28" tire. The problem I was seeing is the LS7 clutch holding down a hard launch on those 28" tires. Especially when I start spraying. I'll keep you in touch with my progress and be on the lookout for you as well. Good luck.