Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag Slicks Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag Slicks Question

We got a set of rear 15 inch drag lites from a friend, we couldn't mount them on our LS1 SS without grinding on the Calipar's to make them fit w/o rubbing. I don't really like grinding on calipar's to make crap fit. I am wondering if I'll have to do the same to my LT1 to get the drag lites to fit.

Will grinding the calipar's hinder my brakeing ability?
Old 05-08-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow not sure if they will fit.

the amount ground off shouldnt affect perfromance.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What kind of tire is on them? Did you have any problems making that fit, or just the rims? Grinding your calipers isnt that big of a deal. It will not hinder your braking ability. You can even make the caliper look better by grinding them, if you know what your doing.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I'm not sure of the tire size, but the rim fit on there just was rubbing on the back of the rim to the calipar. We grinded on them and now it makes a clacking noise when backing up like the calipar is slapping around. We figured out that the rotor is moving back and forth on the studs, so we're thinking new rotors and pads, see if that stops. The wheels have come a little lose b/c of this but nothing huge, b/c we keep checking the torque on them.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, I wouldnt think thats the rotors fault. But not sure, trying make sure everything on right, and like for example the rim is not on there crooked or anything, and make sure the rotor is flush to the axle. Good luck.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well it clacks when the 17x11 rims are on it. I think it does it a little when the slicks are on it only in reverse its a horrible noise. Doesn't do it going forward. Sounds like something is loose and we have inspected it made sure everything was tight. I think we are stumped.