Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007 | 02:50 AM
11 Second Club

Default I need help

Im getting very frustrated. Besides my pinion seal potentially leaking on my brand new 12 bolt 3.73s. I have brake noise, my e brake cables arent holding as good. etc, etc. But disregard those for now.

My help is for this.

2002 Camaro Z28 M6

mods: Lid, K&N, LT, ORY, LM1 and Nitto 555rs

I ran a 1.89 60' ( launched @ 3700 RPM @ 12 psi tires!) and got a 8.07 @ 89.25 mph..

after fidanza Aluminum flywheel, I kept spinning off the line and got a bad 60' and ran a best of 1.9X 60' and got a 8.1 @ 90 mph.

(I think this is where the problems started)

after strano springs, swaybars, koni shocks, Panhard Bar, Spohn LCA, 25% underdrive pulley, removing my AIR from the front end)

I ran a best of 8.03 @ 89.4 mph with a 1.8X 60'
( now based on my better 60' It looks like the suspension didnt help me an ounce as well as the underdrive pulley) with just the old setup wherer I ran 8.07, with this new 60' I would have ran the same time, so nothing significant happened here) After all those mods, I was certain I should have done much better, especially after seeing I had a better 60'

Now, whats even worse. with my nesest setup. a Moser 3.73 12 bolt with trutrac and I did an oil change and cleaned my K&N. and got new tires Mickey Thompson ET street radials and I ran a best of 1.79 60' and only did a 8.04 @ 88.0 mph.

My trap speed significantly dropped and my ET sucks *** for the 60' I pulled.

I need help, what is wrong with my car, I mean all fluids are new and no weight has been added to the car besides the 12 bolt, but the 3.73 should be compensating for the RWHP loss, since its a more agressive rear. also dont forget I never felt a difference with the underdrive pulley either before when I ran a 8.07 with just exhuast and a lid!

Does this sound like I need a tune or what?

I launched my freaking M/Ts @ 5500 RPM @ 15 psi and still didnt hook as good as I could have. I am gonna try and launch at the same rpm again 5500 nest week, but 18 psi in the tires, vs 15.

I just need an explanation as to why after dropping my 60. a good .1 I still ran a weak suck time and low *** mphs!