Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys with a S&W Cage?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 11:13 PM
CARTEK Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guys with a S&W Cage?

Any of you guys have a S&W Cages? For instance that one that Spohn sells. I was looking at them and the Wolfe cages and would just like to hear some feedback on the S&W cage. How does it fit, how was the install, so forth.

Thanks alot.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Default Re: Guys with a S&W Cage?

It will require more fabrication than a Wolfe would... The bars are extra long, so you can position everything where/how you want it, whereas the Wolfe is pretty much a weld-in and go (unless you're talking about the Wolfe bolt-in bar, which would bolt-in and go...).

There were a couple of guys that installed one of the SW's awhile back, and posted some pics of the install. It looked really nice.

You say "cage." Is that what you really mean (as in full 8 or 10-point, bars through the dash and all), or just a rollbar?
Old 05-09-2003, 09:31 AM
CARTEK Racing

GeorgeC,

I am talking about a cage. They sell 8points but I would only need a 6point so the two small cross bars that go to the floor from the main hoop behind the seat, will not be installed.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:37 PM
TECH Junkie

GeorgeC,

I am talking about a cage. They sell 8points but I would only need a 6point so the two small cross bars that go to the floor from the main hoop behind the seat, will not be installed.
Not that it makes any difference what you call it, but that's a rollbar. A rollcage has a "halo," and bars that go down by the windshield and tie into the doorbars.

The rollbar (which can legally be 5, 6, or 8-points), is good down to 10.00, a rollcage is required to run 9.99 or quicker.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

You tell him George