Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Fuel cells

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aftermarket Fuel cells

Let me see what your running.. ideas or lessons learned

I have a 98 so i have a stock metal tank.. i need to drop it to swap pumps.. considering changing the cell.. I dont want id like to keep atleast a 10 gal cell but im open to ideas.. thanks Jim
Old 07-07-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know you don't have to drop it to chang the pump right? Just cut a hole in right above the tank.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

i am all over it, but because it has a old school metal fuel cell being a 98, i thought about ditching it for weight and upgrading..
Old 07-08-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ApacheDrill
i am all over it, but because it has a old school metal fuel cell being a 98, i thought about ditching it for weight and upgrading..
I feel your pain, bro...Im still weighing sumping my tank versus throwing a cell in, and IIRC, someone actually found a cell that fits in the t-top storage area perfectly, but since the search sucks, Im having a hard time finding it for you.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ApacheDrill
Yeah I am in the same boat. I have a 98 as well. I swore last time I had it out that I would never put it back in again but I ended up putting it back in. its such a pita. I hate it. I had a lot of trouble finding info on putting a cell in it. My main reason for changing was so I can run E85 fuel. The fuel cell will be in there next year though. Post up some pics when you get yours together. And I would love to see some setups as well like you. Everytime I asked I got the response to call Nasty Performance. They do make a tank but its metal and its in the stock location which are 2 things I want to get away from. They do have a nice setup though. Not sure if its what your looking for though. Are you looking for stock location or moving the tank elsewhere?

On another note Is the 98 tank heavier than the 99+? I had mine out and was going to change to the 99+ tank and it seemed to weigh the same. I thought it felt heavier to me, but I didn't weigh it though. I was going to buy the tank and I didn't realize that the pump bracket was completley different. I asked if I could buy that and they said I had to buy the whole pump and it was going to end up costing over $350 for the pump and tank and also you would have to have all the fuel lines too. I told them forget it and didn't buy it.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

my guess would be that the 99 + cells are lighter..steel vs plastic

im not stuck on the stock location, just want it to be clean and practicle..

i know Nate makes a cell, but figured there would have been a few more options thrown around..