Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torque Arm Length vs. 60' time

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Torque Arm Length vs. 60' time

Just for curiosity's sake, post up your torque arm length ( stock or short ), torque arm type ( Tranny mount, Chassis Mount, Tunnel Mount ), and what your 60' time is. For you guys who're doing it on the back tires, note that too please.

I'm just interested to see how everybody looks, and what direction I should go with my car.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did 1.47 on my stock TA. It lifted the wheels only about 2-3 inches then back down. When I did high 1.5s-low 1.6s it was ok but when I got down to 1.4s it started tearing up the bushings. I think its because it was bending it so it made it shorter and cam back far enough to catch the edge of the bushings and every time it when back and forth it would cut the bushing up till it was gone.

I am upgrading now to a UMI short cm one.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the input brandonppr.

Anyone else have any comments? Madman? Trackbird?

I'm just trying to get a feel for what I need to do:

1) Keep my Jegster body mount non-adjustable and live with the harshness.
2) Buy the UMI Trans Crossbrace and a adjustable full-length.
3) Change exhaust and buy a Chassis mount full adjustable.

I want to get the car into the 1.4xx's stock internal, then farther on the nitrous that I'm installing soon.

I have some more weight reduction that I'm doing right now, as well as some $$$ weight reduction near the end of '07/beginning of '08.

I want to go ahead and get the suspension dialed in now so that later on when I add power, she doesn't squat or lose traction, and just hauls *** out of the hole.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

My 60 foot times aren't a good representation of what I am running.... but I have a stock lenth chromoly adjustable BMR arm and a BMR th400 crossmember with tw arm relocation on it.

I've been working on trying to get it to leave better, so far best 60 foot I've had was 1.53, but I have discovered that the car is hitting the bump stops (which are now removed) and was causing the car to leave and unload, then spin badly.... I suspect now with the stops removed there's going to be a substantial improvment in the 60 foot and overall times..... hope to find out a week from this saturday weather permitting
Old 07-12-2007, 12:45 PM
9 Second Club

I thought the longer the better. wouldn't it be like like sliding a pipe over the end of a ratchet lol, mechanical leverage?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Madman!
Old 07-12-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think you will want a shorter TA. The length of the TA changes the instant center of the car. Unless your car is coming up too much then the shorter will probley be best. It should help transfer weight faster. I think the longer one would be better for higher hp cars like 700hp+, but it still depends on what your looking for. here is a good read:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/advanced-engineering-tech/396309-instant-center.html

I chose the shorter TA for my car as mine will only be in the mid 400rwhp tops and my car barley lifts the wheels anyway.

Quick Reply: Torque Arm Length vs. 60' time