Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

26" or 27" front runners for bracket racing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 26" or 27" front runners for bracket racing?

There was an excellent thread in here a while back talking about the benifits of taller vs. shorter front runners relating to reaction time, ET and mph. I searched for it with no results.

I run a 26" Hoosier front runner and was thinking of going to a 27" tire.

TIA
Tom
Old 07-22-2007, 10:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had made the post that you were trying to find if it helps your search any. I tried searching the posts created by me but the search still isn't working right.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-tech/603063-24-vs-26-inch-skinny-front-tires.html

Thanks for the reply.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you switch to a taller front tire you may have to add some stops on the shocks to stop the tires hitting the inner fenders when you come down from hard launches. I learned the hard way and left one inner fender on the track!

Good Luck,

Daren
Old 07-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When Maggie built my bracket car I was going to run 27's on the front for maximum roll out. She talked me into offsetting the front tires and running a shorter tire. one tire is as far farward as can be and the other is as far back in the wheel well as it can go. I was afraid that the car wouldn't go straight but it runs straight as an arrow. In fact I was amazed that I can turn the wheels as far as they will go then let go of the sterring wheel and then take off and the wheels seem to jump back to straight and the car will take off strait without even touching the sterring wheel!!

I don't know if this is something you would want to do but it is another choice to running a really tall front tire.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:04 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tom,

When I ran a 26 inch tire I would red light way to much.

I ran a 27 inch tire for the past 3 years, they worked great. I would still be running them now but the only place to get a true 27 inch tire is goodyear. They are back ordered for 4 to 6 weeks or more.

I just put on a 28 inch hoosier tire on. I love them. My reaction times have improved on the postive side. The more roll out has slowed me just alittle if I dont run to much tire presure like I did this past weekend. I went -.002 red in the 2 round. That is the difference between 32 & 30 psi.

Coach

Quick Reply: 26" or 27" front runners for bracket racing?