Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? on cages, roll bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007 | 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

Default ? on cages, roll bars

Im looking at getting some kind of cage or roll bar setup, just wanting to know if anyone has had any rubbing issues on your door panels, from the looks of some of the pictures ive seen, they all look close to rubbing....Also looking for the difference betwwen running a cgae or a roll bar, ive tried the search but with no luck....thanks alot guys
Old 07-31-2007 | 03:54 PM
10 Second Club

I have a Wolfe 6pt roll bar in mine and it comes close to the door panel and headliner but doesn't touch it. The difference between a rollbar (up to 8pts of contact I believe) Is that it does not completley surround the driver hence the term "cage". A cage has a crossbar in front of the driver and overhead bars or "halo". I hope I explained it well enough for you. I used to be stationed in J-ville A yr ago, ever go to Jersey Mike's?
Old 07-31-2007 | 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

yeah man, i was out there when u came out a couple of times, u had the SOM SS right?
Old 08-01-2007 | 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I also have the wolf 6pt bar. I had to drill out my seat mount holes larger and move the seat over towards the center consoule. The swing out bar wouldn't close untill I did this, it still pushes on the seat. He's correct about the cage and bar. To put in an 8pt the front down comers usually go through the dash and are tied together with a bar running across the bottom of the dash. A 6pt bar is good till 10'os if the floor and firewall are stock.