Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

roll cage requirements

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default roll cage requirements

i have a ten point cage that is bad ***. my frabricator said the tech guy told him the points where the main hoop mounts needs to be connected underneath and then ran to the rear frame point next to the lower conrol arm connection. does anyone know what they are talking about. if pictures are needed let me know. i already paid 1500 for my cage, i dont want to spent any more if i dont have to. if it helps, he biult the cage to be certified at 8.5 which is way overkill, but i feel safer!
Old 02-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Launching!

If you're not back halved, I believe he's incorrect. My 07 rulebook says nothing to that effect. They only begin harping on the mounting points when you begin to modify the factory floor pan.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

crash is right, unless the floor pan is modified there is no need to tie in suspension points. i have my '08 rule book open right now and i don't see anything like what he is talking about.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:21 PM
10 Second Club

thanks guys, for some reason they were saying that the cage needs to be tied to the rear frame that is a foot long where the lower control arms bolt up. plus they want to tie that loop into the cross brace that connects to the subframe connectors. i guess i could cut the floor out when we are done and everything would still be good. it is starting to look like a tube chassi car with the stock floor pan.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:31 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Per the NHRA '08 rulebook, a subframecar doesn't need bars going through the floor at any point unless the car has a backhalf or the floor has been modified. You can run the main hoop support bars through the floor to subframe connectors if you have them, but not required.

Derek

Quick Reply: roll cage requirements