Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kirkey drag racing seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kirkey drag racing seats

I want to install a set of kirkey light weight drag racing seats. Do you have to have a roll cage or bar to install these seats? Or can they just attach to the floor and that is it? Also what seat belts or harness would I use? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:38 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: kirkey drag racing seats

With mine I have the back mounted to the roll cage through a tab that was welded on. For the bottom anchor we simply took a piece of moly tube and crushed the ends down, drilled some holes and mounted that to the rear stock seat bolts. There are two tabs welded to that and the seat bolts up to that. I'm fairly tall, 6'5", and it fits like a glove. If you're shorter you can look at having a bracket made up to move the seats up. If you have a cage you simply run a bar from the crossbar up to a plate that's mounted to the seats.

From there you're going to want a lap belt that goes through the seats. If you're going that far you might as well look at a 5 or 6 point harness. I'm not sure how I would put it in without the roll cage as that's part of the support for the seat. If you made up a strong floor bracket it might work.