Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what would you put in your spread sheet "log book"

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default what would you put in your spread sheet "log book"

im gonna make up a quick little log book spread sheet. i know you can buy them but this is cheaper and i can put in it what i want. i have some basic idea and would like any that you guys and gals have. here is what i have so far.

60ft 330 1/8 mph 1000 1/4 mph comments

F. shock
R. shock
tire pressure
burnout time
tire temp ( after burnout)
track temp (measure at ? burnout box)

im hoping this well help for a quick setup and maybe anyone on here who may ask question like "what will happen if i did a big buronout and the track was cold is that better than a short one." or or at least a quick way to look at info ya know

thanks yall
Old 04-07-2008, 09:59 PM
7 Second Club

Some of the one I write down as well:
launch rpm, shift rpm, engine temp, trans temp, weather conditions, wind direction and speed.
If you are planning to bracket race keep a spot for dial-in, estimated e.t., stripe margin.

Derek
Old 04-07-2008, 10:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Villain281H
launch rpm, shift rpm, engine temp, trans temp, weather conditions, wind direction and speed.
If you are planning to bracket race keep a spot for dial-in, estimated e.t., stripe margin.

Derek
+1 good ideal
Old 04-07-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Villain281H

Derek
awesome ones man!!!

?? what is stripe margin ??
Old 04-08-2008, 08:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by camarokid94
awesome ones man!!!

?? what is stripe margin ??
I always thought it was the difference between you and your comepetitor at the stripe, but I could be wrong...

BTW, thanks for posting up the idea's as to what to record, I know my wife was making up a logbook for me this year and I will be sure to point her to this post...
Old 04-08-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

same thing here i asked the wife if she would make me a spread sheet and im getting some good ideas
Old 04-08-2008, 08:32 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1SlowFormula
I always thought it was the difference between you and your comepetitor at the stripe, but I could be wrong...
You've got it. Stripe difference or Margin is what you win by. It can be who gets there first if no red-light or break-out occurs, or a few other scenarios. If you do choose to bracket race, I'd consider keeping the log book with you when you are at the track. I do, and between rounds you can look at past times to get an idea what your car may run in certain weather conditions, between round delay times and a bunch more. Kind of like asking a second opinion before putting the dial in on the window.

Derek
Old 04-08-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya i plan to keep it in the tow rig at all times that way its always there
Old 04-08-2008, 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

win list, that's it.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I enter every timeslip into an Excel spreadsheet with the following columns:
Date, Run #, Reaction Time, Sixty, Elapsed Time, Trap Speed, Rear Tire Pressure, Front Shock Setting, Tire, Clutch, PCM File, Launch RPM, Shift Time, Comment.
One of the best reasons to use a spreadsheet as a racing logbook is that you don't need to get it exactly right at the start. It is easy to add a new column when you decide to keep track of another variable. I also record each run using HPTuners Scanner. Launch RPM and shift time are derived from the data log and are transferred to the timeslip database. I probably spend more time analyzing data than I do racing.
The attached Excel graph shows my progress over my first two seasons.
Attached Thumbnails what would you put in your spread sheet "log book"-et-progress.jpg  

Last edited by Gary Z; 04-09-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by camarokid94
im gonna make up a quick little log book spread sheet. i know you can buy them but this is cheaper and i can put in it what i want. i have some basic idea and would like any that you guys and gals have. here is what i have so far.

60ft 330 1/8 mph 1000 1/4 mph comments

F. shock
R. shock
tire pressure
burnout time
tire temp ( after burnout)
track temp (measure at ? burnout box)

im hoping this well help for a quick setup and maybe anyone on here who may ask question like "what will happen if i did a big buronout and the track was cold is that better than a short one." or or at least a quick way to look at info ya know

thanks yall
FWIW, I have an extra Jeg's log book lying around. PM me your address and I'll send it to you. It has absolutely everything you'll ever want to record on a given run. Down to if the run is a TT or Elim (time trial or eliminations). If that doesn't interest you and you really want to build your own sheet, first you need to consider how much you plan on bracket racing. If that's the main goal, I would be sure and have a column for barometer, humidity and corrected altitude. Of course, this would mean that you're gonna have to buy a hand held weather station. But they're not that expensive - maybe around 400 bills. Then again, if your coins are so tight that your'e worried about the price of a log book, the weather station is definetly out of the question.

Here's what the Jeg's book looks like:

what would you put in your spread sheet "log book"-logbook.gif

Here's the link to the log book:

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/990/2008/10002/-1

It's only $5.99. Come to think of it, it may cost me that much to send you my extra book...lol.

Hope this helps!
Old 04-10-2008, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

hell ill paypal ya the 3$ it costs to ship unless ya want to keep it.

thanks man

LOL and ya coin is tight LOL this gettin married and havin a kid is kicking my A$$ emphisis on $$ LOL it use to be what heads for 1800 ill take them now its slick for 180 each GRRRRRR "anyone got some i can borrow"

Quick Reply: what would you put in your spread sheet "log book"