Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tube Bender

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it will turn around soon enough. I'll be watching your progress. Should be really cool. I keep thinking about switching to a big block like you. It seems to make more sense, but I don't know. If I want to be competitive with a drag radial car on a budget, a big block with a Procharger seems to be a good way to go. Will Stevenson went 7.5x with a 509/F3.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at steve morris .com they have a 509 with 80 mm turbos that are too small for that motor making 2100 hp @ 6700 rpm. You do the math, 2100+ hp low rpm 6,500 range, that thing will run forever if it is tuned right, with pretty much nothing but oils changes.

Higher you spin it the faster it wears out and the easier it is to break parts. Low rpm, big inches and big turbos or a big blower, that's the way of the future.

You want to get serious, step up to a 5.0+ bore space block, big *** IHRA pro stock heads and some BIG turbos 95-101 mm twins and you're talking 3,500+ hp, power isn't the issue with these motors, no one is running all out on their blower or turbo setups, it's who can put the power to the ground, and so far no one is running it at 100% from start to finish.

Small blocks are awesome, but plain and simple bigger parts handle more HP and bigger inches makes power at lower rpm. I think BBC is the way to go in any boosted application where you're looking to make serious numbers and have it live a long time.

One thing I hear over and over on these motors, " I want a bigger motor with bigger turbos".