Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Breaking in" a new set of QTPs

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default "Breaking in" a new set of QTPs

I just ordered up some 27'' Hoosier QTPs and wanted to make sure I do everything to keep them in as good as shape as I can for as long as I can.

A friend of mine suggested "painting" on some VHT (pre track outing - post track outing). I don't ever plan on driving them on the street - they are for track use only so that part should not be a problem. Any other suggestions?
Old 08-28-2003, 05:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: "Breaking in" a new set of QTPs

Big burnout is what I do to mine when they are new. Get a good cloud of rolling smoke, then check them for any splits, or faults after the first run. You should be set after that. VHT em if you like. A few of my friends put thier cars up on the jack, and idle it in gear using a paint roller to apply it.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as soon as I get um I put um on, let the jack down, do a massive burnout in the driveway, about 30 long sec. worth, that should be a big enough cloud to cover about half of the neighborhood, then there broken in and you can take them off and put um back on when you get to the track
Old 08-28-2003, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as soon as I get um I put um on, let the jack down, do a massive burnout in the driveway, about 30 long sec. worth, that should be a big enough cloud to cover about half of the neighborhood, then there broken in and you can take them off and put um back on when you get to the track

If you do that get some video or some pictures, smokey cloud covering the neighborhood would be cool to see :p
Old 08-28-2003, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

Classic i bet your bitchy neighbors will love that, just make sure you do it at 8AM when those damn tennis players are out there waking up everyone.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Classic i bet your bitchy neighbors will love that, just make sure you do it at 8AM when those damn tennis players are out there waking up everyone.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:32 PM
10 Second Club

Same here I have black marks all over the street in front of my house from breaking in ET Streets and ET Drags. I let my tires set up for 48 hours after my first massive burnout to let the tack cure to the top of the tire. After a first good burnout at the track they will be nice and sticky.