Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rev limiter for launching

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rev limiter for launching

I need some help setting up an external rev limiter. I want to hook up a rev limiter to either the brake lights or my line lock to leave on the tree. I personally don't see hooking it up to the lights to be that consistent. I just wondered if anybody else had a setup on a line lock or maybe something else that I hadn't thought of before. I can't run a transbrake. Also, what rev limiter will hook up to a stock pcm on a 98 z28? I'm missing my old MSD 6al right about now! Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Wayne
Old 08-21-2008, 12:58 PM
9 Second Club

It's called a 2 step. Look for a used Harlen or a Lingenfilter.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And get rid of the junk *** Fuddle converter.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you cant (shouldnt) use a line lock to launch the car. I use efi live cos3 valet mode/2 step as my launch control. I have it set with a relay and a master switch that when the switch is on and the brakes are hit the engine as a set rpm limit. Release the brakes to launch and then release the master switch after that to turn off the system.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

Default thanks

I'll be on the lookout for those 2-steps. I take it they somehow hook up with the stock pcm. That was more my question. I've only worked with msd's. Also, why wouldn't the linelock work? Just wondering if you had heard of anybody having problems with one or not. I don't want to have to release the brakes AND a button as I don't see that being any more consistent than just holding the gas.
Yeah, as soon as I get the money for my 200 metric and converter, all of this overdrive crap will be gone. I'll sell it to you!!
Thanks for the insight guys,
Wayne
Old 08-22-2008, 06:44 AM
11 Second Club

I've seen plenty of folks have front and rear line-locks leaving off a button.... (poor man's trans-brake). One circuit for the front line-lock for burnouts, then another circuit that ties together front/back/rev limiter. I'm considering doing on my car. Have a 3000 rpm pill in the limiter with my 4400vig converter... goodbye brake pedal, hello button. Only problem is, in NO-E or "footbrake" classes it isn't allowed. At most tracks to launch this way you'd have to step up to Pro or Super Pro Eliminator. You can install a delay box with the set-up as well. It's not as aggressive as a trans-brake, but it's just as consistent on reaction times.

Quick Reply: rev limiter for launching