Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

elevation difference ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default elevation difference ???

hey i bought my car with everything it has done to it. and it was dynoed in louisiana where i bought the car but then drove it back to iowa. i didnt know if the elevation change would effect the dyno numbers or effect the computer at all. thanks guys
Old 10-26-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by benji's_z28
hey i bought my car with everything it has done to it. and it was dynoed in louisiana where i bought the car but then drove it back to iowa. i didnt know if the elevation change would effect the dyno numbers or effect the computer at all. thanks guys
Lets say, LA is roughly 0 ft at sea level and you are 1120ft at sea level.
Your relative loss of power is slightly less than 4%. You have the slight advantage that your air is probably colder and less humid on any given day, offering a litte more power.

Another cross check is to log your runs and check the KPA at WOT. I went from 150 to 7000ft the other day and went from 100 to 88 kpa at wot, about a 12% loss of power.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dyno'd my car on a 24X dynojet at 4500+ feet and then redynoed on another 24X at near sea level after a move. No mods. The near sea level dynojet read 1 rwhp more.
I would assume the dyno software correction or whatever is fairly accurate.
FWIW.