Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009 | 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Thats obviously just a coincidence! we live in ******* Albuquerque man!
If you want your LS1 to grow some actual ***** and put out as much as your civic did then you should take it to Solid. If you want it to still be pathetic, take it to Motiva or some ****. I promise you, he'll do a phenomenal job.

Just a for instance. I had my car tuned at TSP, and I was putting down 393/370 through a 12bolt running lean as hell. Sean got ahold of it and tuned up to 449.7/400.3, while making it richer and safer for Nitrous.
Originally Posted by DevilDog99TA
I took my turbo Civic there in Jan and the day I got it back from the shop, 6 hours later it was stolen outta my driveway, stripped and dumped in the South Valley. I'm a little hesitant to take another car there
Old 04-04-2009 | 02:41 PM
On The Tree

either way, good luck to you man!
Old 04-04-2009 | 02:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

You just need someone experienced with these cars to look it over. No big deal.I could probly tell you whats wrong in a few minutes with my scanners on it.
Old 04-04-2009 | 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

How much did Sean charge you?
Old 04-04-2009 | 03:28 PM
On The Tree

PM'd you
Old 04-04-2009 | 07:57 PM
TECH Veteran

What type of dyno was that? If its dynojet correct numbers should be like 340 or 350rwhp.
If you put in headers you are usually going to be pig rich.This can take out o2s and make the car run really bad.
So you need to tune the car leaner and the hypertech isn't going to do a very good job ,hptuners will .
Then get new 02s as you will likely now need them if you have been driving on with the headers for quite awile. Other simple maintenance is to change out the fuel filter. I would run iridium plugs you can leave them in for years and lots of miles. People like to run say cheap ngk but I don't like to change out plugs every couple years. Wires should also be changed if the car is high miles.
Fuel pump can also hurt power but you can test that later on once you check other things. Pull a few plugs and see how they look.If you are super rich they likely are pretty black.
Buddies car ran horrible his o2s went and he also threw headers on and just drove the car with no tuning till I tuned his car and we swapped in the back 02s for temp and they worked ok still the fronts were pooched.

I like dynojet dynos don't like other makes. Personal opinion. Some guys like other makes. Mustang might be better for tuning but too easy to mess with mustang numbers. They can set them to be dynojet equivalent ,mustang or whatever they want it seems.
Old 04-05-2009 | 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not sure what kind of a dyno it was but I have been getting intermittent check engine lights and when I had them pulled at Autozone they came up as O2 sensors. I am wondering though if the Hypertech coupled with the bad O2s can take like 100-150hp away? There is nothing obviously mechanically wrong and I would think that being down that bad in hp, I would hear something or feel something. I was thinking about O2 eliminators? Would that actually be a bad idea in this case? How much do 4 O2 sensors run?
Old 04-05-2009 | 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hows your rear end sound? My car put down similar numbers and my rear end was binding up like crazy, It also ran 15.5 at the track. Fixed it and never got back to the dyno but it ran 13.6 at the track so I figured it was good.

Last edited by c0ncEpT; 04-06-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 04-06-2009 | 12:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Wow didn't know a rear end could do that. A slipping clutch can loose big power though.
Other things are fuel problems change out fuel filter for starters. You don't need the back o2s they just monitor the cats. Clogged cats can cause huge power loses had it happen on buddies turbo lt1. Super huge power losses.
Your plugs and wires should be ok if just 10,000 miles on them. Clogged injectors another maybe possibilty or dying fuel pump. We can tell you a lot more when you start scanning with your hptuners .You can see if you are getting knock retard and bunch of other things and tell use exacty what codes you are getting.
If nothing above seems to be reason then time to compression test that car. It certainly don't seem you are running on all eight.
And phone the dyno shop and ask what type of dyno it is if its not printed on your sheet.
I have seen mustangs give a lot lower numbers. Funny though buddies car tested horrible on mustang last time and he actually had less power after adding headers,lid and getting it tuned. Made no sense but his torque was not too bad either.
I think he has worn out valve springs. They can also kill power..how many miles on the car..any three to 2 shifts..that can bend pushrods and again that can really kill power.
Old 04-07-2009 | 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by c0ncEpT
Hows your rear end sound? My car put down similar numbers and my rear end was binding up like crazy, It also ran 15.5 at the track. Fixed it and never got back to the dyno but it ran 13.6 at the track so I figured it was good.
How was it binding? What did you do to fix it?