Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dyno Tune Complete Happy with Numbers!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if you have independent data of each head flowed and I am incorrect then I stand corrected. On the other hand I do have the flow numbers on my heads and they were better then advertised. I am happy. As far as the extra money goes, it is worth it to me to know that my heads are much stronger then some overly ported in the name of flow ls6 heads. True the porting makes more power, but it also weakens the integral strength of the head due to removing material. Again JMO, I am no expert, just sharing my thoughts. Sorry I am not a Livernois backer even though they are literally around the corner from me. I just can't see doing business with a man (Dan Millen) that won't even shake my hand. Besides that, the quotes I got for major work were rediculous. That is what sent me to LG Motorsports in the first place. I was happy with LGM until this last go around. That is why I am dealing with Vengeance, and the little 10 hour drive each way is one of the best vacations I ever took. I love driving my car, it never gets old or boring to me.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Well if you have independent data of each head flowed and I am incorrect then I stand corrected. On the other hand I do have the flow numbers on my heads and they were better then advertised. I am happy. As far as the extra money goes, it is worth it to me to know that my heads are much stronger then some overly ported in the name of flow ls6 heads. True the porting makes more power, but it also weakens the integral strength of the head due to removing material. Again JMO, I am no expert, just sharing my thoughts. Sorry I am not a Livernois backer even though they are literally around the corner from me. I just can't see doing business with a man (Dan Millen) that won't even shake my hand. Besides that, the quotes I got for major work were rediculous. That is what sent me to LG Motorsports in the first place. I was happy with LGM until this last go around. That is why I am dealing with Vengeance, and the little 10 hour drive each way is one of the best vacations I ever took. I love driving my car, it never gets old or boring to me.
I understand what you are saying. But how is a 220 CC runner "overly hogged out"? IIRC that is the smallest runner ported LS6 head on the market.

Did you think I was posting stage 3r numbers? that is their big valve 240cc runner head. Not the stage 3, I posted the stage 3 numbers for clarification...
Old 07-23-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its all good. I have nothing good to say about Livernois wouldn't even let them change my oil. Rick however is a good guy. Talked to him VIA pm a few times.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't think you were talking about the 3R heads I did however mis remember reading that the stg 3's were larger then 220cc's. I guess not. Still not a head I'd like to run.