Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Super Vic on 347 results.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what cc is the runners on the head ? did you fill in the runners to smooth the transition from intake to head ? or did you just port match the heads to fit the intake..
Old 11-08-2009, 10:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
Better test would have been against a properly modified 92mm FAST which we know would have been even better in the areas the LS6 combo already looked stronger and then ultimately would have seriously narrowed the gap upstairs with an additional 25 or so peak HP.

Ultimately this test looks very similar to others (against a FAST) and inline with conventional thinking concerning manifold design. The much longer runners are worth a bunch of bottom and mid RPM torque and horsepower, and the shorter runners of the Super Vic shine upstairs. The key is to build a combo that can effectively turn high enough so the average power across the usable range is higher with the single plane to make it a good choice.

It all comes down to combination and getting the most from it. In most cases, my feeling is the FAST (long runner) is still the best design considering a 7000 RPM ceiling and a 3500 pound vehicle. Moving to a combination that could successfully be turned 7500 with a power curve that makes sense there would then better feature the benefits the Super Vic combo can offer you. Also I assume this is not a 90' elbow set-up which wouldn't look nearly as good as this comparo. The single plane race intakes are designed with a carb or TB directly over the plenum and simply work better that way IMO....certainly from the testing I have been privied to.

Good job on the swap and all the results....always interesting and provides good data to ponder over.

-Tony
hey tony why not take a break on trying to sell the fast ported by you. i have been searching super vic set ups for 2 days and all i keep reading is this **** from you. over and over.

fast ,fast ,fast the best intake on earth for 800plus another 2-400 to port it for it to work. I am sorry i even have afr heads .if i would have read all this before i would never have bought them. Not one other head manufacture is pissing on all the carb threads just you

not everyone is made of money like you.have some respect for peaple that dont give you a blank check to make 20 more hp 2000 rpm's under the converter stall

sorry for the thread jack #'s look great,nice job
Old 11-11-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would learn to spell before trying to punk a sponsor. Mamo has posted a lot of beneficial info on 'Tech and has a lot of knowledge concerning Lsx vehicles. You're still not in the tens using "nitrouse" in your GTO? lol

PM the damn guy if it bothers you so much.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by quick346
hey tony why not take a break on trying to sell the fast ported by you. i have been searching super vic set ups for 2 days and all i keep reading is this **** from you. over and over.

fast ,fast ,fast the best intake on earth for 800plus another 2-400 to port it for it to work. I am sorry i even have afr heads .if i would have read all this before i would never have bought them. Not one other head manufacture is pissing on all the carb threads just you

not everyone is made of money like you.have some respect for peaple that dont give you a blank check to make 20 more hp 2000 rpm's under the converter stall

sorry for the thread jack #'s look great,nice job
Sorry if my real world information has offended you....

No matter how much money you make there will always be things you can and "can't" afford.....just because a product is more than I would like to spend, or above my typical means, doesn't blind me to its potential superiority....just motivates me to find a way I can possibly obtain one someday if I decide I really want it or need to own it. Maybe that means saving up a little longer if it truly makes sense.

I have an idea....save some money and go with a single plane/90' elbow set-up for your 4000 lb GTO....

After you slow down 2 tenths you can start saving for a FAST....and spend even more money in the end (maybe save up for my porting as well )

The knowledge I tried to impart was meant to save some people from that exact pitfall. Your engine wont care how large your bankroll is...it will still likely not produce the desired results from the design short comings of that set-up and your application you conveniently choose to ignore. If you can run a hoodscoop and mount a TB or carb right on top it may be a potentially beneficial situation depending on the rest of the package and your willingness to spin the engine fairly high but every test with a 90' elbow I have been privied to has been a loser with a capitol "L" (show me a guy anywhere making big numbers with one N/A)

I can charge to port and rework any manifold I choose....I have zero allegiance to FAST and when and if someone makes a better one you can bet I will be running (and porting those) till something else eclipses that design.

-Tony

Quick Reply: Super Vic on 347 results.