Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

dyno day

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default dyno day

Took the car out to one of the local shops Dyno day, great shop I might add, 35.00 for 2 pulls or a 1/4 run and a power pull. They even fed us lunch! Anyway, with mods in the sig I put dow 326 HP and 366 Tq, problem is I dont know why my torque is so much higher than my HP it is usually the other way around I thought and I was hoping for it to be higher but I know it is accurate. Friends car dynod 386 366 today and it dynod 398 375 last year on a dynojet, and today we were on a mustang dyno. Does it seem right what I dynod? Stock stalled auto and a 224/224 cam, I will post a graph here in a bit when i get home, and A video of both our car
Old 10-17-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems a little low even for a mustang dyno
Old 10-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IF that pull was with the converter unlocked then i would say its pretty close. Thats what it looks like to me anyway. Did you use HPtuners and lock it during the pulls? Mustangs generally read a little lower than Dynojets.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Junkie

power seems low, even for a mustang dyno. a 224 cam and supporting bolt ons i'd expect more like 365whp from a locked auto.

have you taken it to track?
Old 10-18-2009, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

No the converter was unlocked, I am running the stock stall and knew that it would not hold up, I am very disappointed......
Old 10-18-2009, 03:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by beedo
No the converter was unlocked, I am running the stock stall and knew that it would not hold up, I am very disappointed......
it's not like an unlocked stock stall is going to give up the hp on a dyno that a 4k stall would. nonetheless, don't sweat it, find a checklist you can go down to ensure the car is running a-1 before you dyno/race again. it will give you things to do that don't require much money, but you will definately gain invaluable wisdom from them. another possibility is the tune itself. which..the high tq reading makes me think is a legit complaint. typically cammed cars will dyno high hp than tq, you are right. the tq numbers shows that the engine has a lot of potential for power, but somewhere in the upper rpm mix something isn't right.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

I am thinking the tune is way off, it was blowing alot of smoke out of it at WOT(RICH). I have been working on the tune myself and have been trying to get the fuel trims in line (+20 to 25 LTFT'S), I had it tuned and after so many problems I decided to buy hp tuners and do it my self. I pulled the tunes out of my 98 automatic T/A with 224 cam and the tune from my friends 99 Z28 with as 04' LS6 and a 230 cam and the tune from his 02 ZO6. The cars were all tuned by the same person and all three were identical tunes. Timing, fuel, everything and the sad thing he has tuned 100's of cars in this area if not more with his cut and paste tune. So maybe I will beable to pull more power out of it as soon as I can get a wideband and do some WOT tuning, until then I will keep working on it.