Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dyno info

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dyno info

At the beginning of the month my car did 339 WHP on a mustang dyno. I have been told several things. I have heard mustang dynos show lower numbers because they mimic real street performance. I have also heard that dyno jets show more accurately for the same reason. I was told my HP on a dyno jet would be about 360 WHP. (6% increase) Now while reaserching on here it looks like it should be 10%-12% difference (375-380 WHP) In the end I know the dyno numbers don't mean ****. Its the track that does the talking. I am just trying to understand the process. Any info is appreciated.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:27 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mustang dynos can dyno lower because they have the ability to put more load on the vehicle. Dyno jets typically dyno a little higher because of this. Keep in mind that the dyno operator can change the parameters on the mustang dynos so they can read higher then normal as well. So In my opinion, its good to look at a dyno as a tool to tune rather than giving you the actual power of your car. Take it to track and see how it runs, that is the best tool to let you know the thing is fast.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlueRamAir
At the beginning of the month my car did 339 WHP on a mustang dyno. I have been told several things. I have heard mustang dynos show lower numbers because they mimic real street performance. I have also heard that dyno jets show more accurately for the same reason. I was told my HP on a dyno jet would be about 360 WHP. (6% increase) Now while reaserching on here it looks like it should be 10%-12% difference (375-380 WHP) In the end I know the dyno numbers don't mean ****. Its the track that does the talking. I am just trying to understand the process. Any info is appreciated.
Go strap it to a dynojet if you want dynojet number's. Mustang dynos can be setup to read like a Dynojet. Don't believe all the BS about mustang dyno's dynoing lower than a Dynojet.

I bought a 100% complete H/C LS1 motor & headers from a guy from this site. HE made 464rwhp on a local mustang dyno. So just like your thinking, I thought Id see 475-485 on a dynojet....NOPE...I dropped that entire engine (intake to oil pan) into my car and made 458 on a Dynojet, another Dynojet I made 457 and on a mustang dyno near me it made 463.