Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Terminator guys inside (I know there are a few)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Kimura
Some things are true whether you believe them or not. lol.

There is no way his car makes 550rw, I don't even know where you get that number without knowing exactly what is done to his car. I understand we're on a LSx board and you're abit biased, but don't be unreasonable. I already explained my car is much lighter than a regular 03/04 Cobra. I don't know what my car runs at the track, the project hasn't been finished long enough to know yet. I would guess it would trap 125-130 depending on the weather.

As for the G8 versus the Cobra - There is no telling what happened, we don't know since we weren't there. A full weight 03/04 Cobra isn't exactly light, 3800-3900lbs is common with driver and full tank of gas. It could have been heatsoaked, might have spun abit, wrong gear, driver error or just plain sucks, belt slip, who knows. Plus that G8 runs really well, so if the Cobra screwed up or had problems, of course it's going to look bad.
LS3's dyno 470whp cam only lmao. A decent head combined with a fast is going to net mid 500's all day. If your buddies car aint making that kind of power there is something wrong with it or it dont have the mods your claiming.... I dont give a **** about dyno numbers anyway...like I said a "Properly built" h/c/i ls3 in a 4th gen is going to trap over 125 wich will give you a good run, not you taking it down easily.
The g8 is around 4200lbs with full tank and driver, so the cobra still has the weight advantage. I take it you didnt watch the vid because they raced more than once, so you can throw all those **** poor excuses out the window. I like cobras, but your being a bit biased in a lsx forum... just telling it how it is!

link where the vid came from:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-g...i-tvs1900.html

Last edited by kinglt-1; 05-13-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my cobra has a few boltons(LT's, cai, 2.8 upper, 4lb lower,etc), its been tuned but i havent had it on the dyno yet due to belt slip issues. *** dyno reads around 485ish whp conservatively.. ive beat several friends' cars who trapped 120-124. and was dead even with an evo that trapped 126. my car might possibly have a ported blower though, havent had it off yet to verify but everyone that rides in it swears that it does. the torque is hard to surpass with these cars esp if they have a lower pulley, but the h/c ls1 pulls harder up top. as said previously these cars are heavy as hell, and IAT's and heatsoak KILL these cars on summer days after back to back runs. most of the people i know are putting down 450-475 with upper pulley only.