Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Cam only,who's putting up the times and numbers

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking Cam only,who's putting up the times and numbers

I've been watching these vendors with their spec'd cams for cam only cars for awhile now. Help me pick one!! So far LG G5x2 or 3 , Futral FM13 and maybe the Magicstick have put up the numbers I'm looking for . These are my goals; reasonable idle and decent driveability, plan to get a good set of stage 2 heads in the very near future,want decent midrange torque.I occasionally go to the track, but I love to hit it on the street.I also need it to be good with the spray. The bolt-on Infrastructure is in place!
Old 04-18-2004, 12:00 AM
Launching!

Hey, you guys can't help me???????
Old 04-18-2004, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As for personal opinion, I have no first hand-knowledge. I do have a (NIB)
LG g5x-2 cam for $375 for sale.I feel after reading a lot on it, for street driving/racing the 224/224 .581 112 cam would be a better choice for me.
Old 04-18-2004, 01:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i dont think your gonna find many of these cams will have a good amount of tq down low, idle quality wont be great but probably liveable...you'll make great peak #'s though, but with my 231/237 i lost low end tq up until 3800 where it starts to hit like a freight train. The cams you mention probably all have tighter lobes than mine and would probably make better low end but I wanted to not have to change my springs out every year. Bottom line if you want a strip only cam those are the ones, if not go with something a little smaller and I think you'll still be a happy camper.

lata
Bill
Old 04-19-2004, 02:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by foff667
i dont think your gonna find many of these cams will have a good amount of tq down low, idle quality wont be great but probably liveable...you'll make great peak #'s though, but with my 231/237 i lost low end tq up until 3800 where it starts to hit like a freight train. The cams you mention probably all have tighter lobes than mine and would probably make better low end but I wanted to not have to change my springs out every year. Bottom line if you want a strip only cam those are the ones, if not go with something a little smaller and I think you'll still be a happy camper.

lata
Bill
Thanks, I'm running 4.10 gears in a M6 so that should help me out with the low end,my nephew was thinking of that cam in his A4 car,wouldn't some more gear help you out on the low end??