Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

2010 SS M6 - interesting results

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 06:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Default 2010 SS M6 - interesting results

reality check for dyno racers...

2010SS M6 - slowhawk tune, CAI, 1 3/4" LT's, OR pipes, Borla ATAK made 409rwhp/402rwtq on mustang Dyno. This was my baseline.

I added Vengange racing turbo cam (235/231 .6XX/.6XX 115lsa) as well as Advanced Inductions max ported 280cc heads. Also added small stuff like SLP under drive pulley, comp trunion upgrade, but still have stock intake manifold and stock TB.

I went to a different dyno yesterday sine Slowhawk couldn't get me back to his dyno until mid June due to him being flat out with work. I ended up ordering HP Tuners and did my own tune... Picked up 40rwhp in just the tune on the dyno yesterday. I finished with 12.5AFR and 24 deg timing)....

So what did I end up with... 435rwhp/400rwtq on a dyno jet LOL. First pull was 395rwhp... Last pull was 435rwhp. The dyno was acting weird... Very high vibration I could feel thru my seat from 70mph and up, and the dyno computer froze 3 times which erased those runs.

So adding heads and cam gained me 26rwhp and lost me a little torque according to the dyno jet dyno yesterday..........I doubt it. The car absolutely rips and is a different animal than bolt-ons. I definitely know the dyno was off, but atleast I was able to accurately gain 40rwhp by tweaking my tune. I'd like to get back to slowhawks dyno and make 1-2 pulls just so I could compare the gains since my baseline was on his dyno originally.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 880 Posts

The drag strip is the only measure of power that is valid.

Andrew
Old 05-18-2015, 01:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
The drag strip is the only measure of power that is valid.

Andrew
^^^^^this
However it would be cool to see what you put down on the same dunk you did your before on
Old 05-18-2015, 01:54 AM
Staging Lane

It would drive me a little batshit crazy not to be able to know the real gains. Everybody knows dynos vary. Any chance of you getting back on Slowhawks dyno?
Old 05-18-2015, 06:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1KillerSS
It would drive me a little batshit crazy not to be able to know the real gains. Everybody knows dynos vary. Any chance of you getting back on Slowhawks dyno?
I am gonna pm him today
Old 05-18-2015, 11:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1KillerSS
I would like to see the comparisons myself. Not everyday you can see a back to back comparison of a Mustang dyno to a Dynojet. What makes it even better is that you have been on the Mustang dyno before. So for the interest of science lets get this done.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:13 AM
TECH Junkie

I reached out to Don (Slowhawk) and he doesn't rent his dyno, even for 1-2 pulls. That's his right as a business owner. I do remember him saying that before when I inquired about my buddy renting his dyno.

I wont lie, I am disappointed though... he did my tune last fall when I had bolt-ons, and I wanted to give him the business of my re-tune this time around as well (but I couldn't wait around and not drive the car for the two months until he free'd up). I guess I was hoping he would let me make a few pulls (for $) since I was a past customer.

Again, his choice and right as a business owner.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RealQuick
I reached out to Don (Slowhawk) and he doesn't rent his dyno, even for 1-2 pulls. That's his right as a business owner. I do remember him saying that before when I inquired about my buddy renting his dyno.

I wont lie, I am disappointed though... he did my tune last fall when I had bolt-ons, and I wanted to give him the business of my re-tune this time around as well (but I couldn't wait around and not drive the car for the two months until he free'd up). I guess I was hoping he would let me make a few pulls (for $) since I was a past customer.

Bummer man, cant really say that I blame him though.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RealQuick

I can understand that.
Will HE do a few pulls for you though? I would think he would if you paid and he has time available.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ds98formula
I can understand that.
Will HE do a few pulls for you though? I would think he would if you paid and he has time available.
No. That was what I wanted to do... not looking for free dyno time.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:58 PM
TECH Resident

Oh well that's kinda dumb. Must be too busy for past customers
Old 05-21-2015, 05:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

There's a few places in central mass that will let you rent and even tune on their dyno for an hour or two. Plan on going there myself.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Went to a different shop and re dyno'd with no changes to the car. Numbers this time were 458rwhp/423 rwtq. There is more in it with some more tuning I think.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Uncorrected #'s were 467rwhp/432rwtq

Quick Reply: 2010 SS M6 - interesting results