Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dyno Results - BTR FTMFW!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dyno Results - BTR FTMFW!

Hey guys,
Just got my car tuned this past friday (11/18) after a H/C/E build and holy s*** was I not expecting this.

Lets start off with non-performance mods:

SBE LS1 with upgraded ARP rod bolts (highly recommend for the price/piece of mind)
ARP head bolts
Melling 10296 oil pump
Gm Perf. heavy duty timing chain
Morel 5315 hyd lifters
Comp chromoly pushrods
Trunnion upgrade
180* thermostat

Performance mods:
K&N OTR "cold" air intake
SLP 85mm MAF
Stock 01 LS6 intake and TB
243 casting heads, stock porting
Brian Tooley Stage 2 Ls1/Ls2 N/A cam
1 3/4" longtubes
3" Texas Speed duals
Spohn tubular kmember with solid mounts

Nothing has been done to the fuel system or clutch yet, but that's next...

Car made 448 rwhp and 479 rwtq with the fuel pump cutting out up top! I think the torque number is a little high, since the dyno was in hp and tq compared to wheel speed, not engine rpm.
I am thrilled with the results though. I bought this car when I was 16 (top of 2nd picture) and built it this summer (age 17) and can't believe the way it turned out.

The next mods for the car include a bigger fuel pump, 42# injectors, and a Monster stage 3 clutch. I drove the car all day saturday and the OE replacement in it now won't hold much. You really have to feed the power gradually instead of just mashing it. I also haven't found 100% throttle since the upgrades, which is kind of terrifying...

I was originally going to put a monster cam in the thing, and would've ended up overcamming the hell out of my motor. I ended up choosing the BTR stage 2 and I have nothing but great things to say. This cam is exactly what I was looking for. There is torque everywhere, peak power is at a reasonable RPM and not 7K+ like the ms3/ms4 and some of the bigger cams out there, has a mean chop to it, and delivered great numbers! Highly recommend if you're looking for something bigger than the popular 220, 224, or 228 cams.

Once I get the clutch and fuel system done this winter, I'm hoping to get some sticky tires for a set of 15x10s I have and maybe some QA1 adjustable shocks for all 4 corners. Can't wait until next spring to take it to the track and see what it'll run! Thank you to all who have helped along the way!
Attached Thumbnails Dyno Results - BTR FTMFW!-img_0662.jpg   Dyno Results - BTR FTMFW!-bd28b2cc-f55a-40ba-aa7d-4244e4d08666.jpg  
Old 11-21-2016, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NICE! Any idea what kind of dyno it was on? Those are some solid numbers.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1POWAA
NICE! Any idea what kind of dyno it was on? Those are some solid numbers.
Dynocom Industries 15,000
Thanks man!

Quick Reply: Dyno Results - BTR FTMFW!