Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Cammed 6.0 G8 results

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Cammed 6.0 G8 results

Took my car over to Complete Street in West Chester to do some tuning on my car. I drove there with half tank of BJs 93 and 5 gallons of E85 ready to pour in. First dialed in the tune on 93, and hit 431/418. Then I poured the E85 in (which amounted to E52.5%) and made several pulls trying to get anything out of it. It made the best power @ 437/424 on E50 with the same tune config as the 93. Tried leaning it out as well as adding timing, but the 93 tune was still optimal.

Mods on my 6.0
-Cam motion 219/223 112+0 .612 .595
-Milled stock heads .030 with .040 cometic and ls3 valves (no porting)
-Johnson linkbar lifters (these are nice)
-ATI 25% UDP
-ARH catted headers into stock mufflers
-Rotofab with big pipe
-Flex fuel sensor

This is on a load bearing dynojet tuned by me. Needless to say, I was thrilled with the power curve. Peaking before 6k and making that much power is great. It does rip on the street. I may try to get some track times as well, but it's my only car ATM and is a baby hauler, so I am a bit hesitant to take the risk.

I'm trying to figure out ways to eclipse 450. I was thinking of trying that RCR AirRam intake manifold job, as I heard some positive things about it. I also think the stock mufflers become a restriction at this power level, however, I already tried Chevy SS mufflers and I had to take them back off because they were way too loud for my 2 year old, so I am not sure there is anything I can do here.

Cammed 6.0 G8 results-cuyqusz.jpg
Old 04-17-2017, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RCR intake manifold, ported TB, I would also sell the Rotofab and do a VCM. I have several friends with G8/SS and that intake tract works best on them IMO. The RCR will make a noticeable difference. Car's making awesome numbers for the mods already, get that 450+!
Old 04-18-2017, 07:55 AM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Your numbers are great for that mild a cam and for peaking low. Enjoy the street machine!
Old 04-18-2017, 08:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by newchevyman
RCR intake manifold, ported TB, I would also sell the Rotofab and do a VCM. I have several friends with G8/SS and that intake tract works best on them IMO. The RCR will make a noticeable difference. Car's making awesome numbers for the mods already, get that 450+!
Yeah the car came with a new era OTR, but im just not a big fan of OTR intakes. This rotofab has the big tube with a card maf, so it flows a lot of air. I cut the grill insert out too tube to get the air flowing a bit better. Vcms are real nice but holy price batman lol. Over halfway to AI heads. I was going to do an LSA but really all I wanted with my daily is a reliable high 11 at 120 or so. If porting the heads and doing the tube mod on the intake get me there, I will do it. Gotta test current setup first to see where its at. LSA swap is awesome, but given how often I lay into the pedal, something will break.

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
Your numbers are great for that mild a cam and for peaking low. Enjoy the street machine!
Thanks. Glad ppl like Rick Crawford are kind enough to make their research public.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a RCR intake would get you to 440+ personally. I have one on my Vette. Those are good numbers for a mild cam.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:37 PM
TECH Resident

Yup, gonna do it soon. If it picks up another 10, ill likely do AI heads next to shoot for 465 470. Good, reliable power and still within 6l80 limits.

Quick Reply: Cammed 6.0 G8 results