Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Any 500 NA rwhp 6 speed combos?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 11:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,227 Likes on 2,518 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
I appreciate the reply. As I'm not looking for credibility & hiho is of coarse. Right on. Oh and he flames thousands of people that don't have it coming just so you know. Because they don't run tens at over 130mph with a stawk "bolt on/in" ls6.
Sounds like you doubt Hio's car being as stock as it is. The pieces in his car are good in their own right, but the difference with his is attention to the LAST detail and being tuned to within an inch of its life. I doubt his car is the only one built as it is with the capabilities it has, but it's the best known one on these forums. He, like I, gets pissed at those who mouth off without backing it up. The flaming starts then, and from what I have seen is usually justified. He might have an issue with holding his tongue, but whatever. Thousands?? LOL
Old 07-21-2018, 12:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuskyz28
With those kind of numbers you have to be running 11.2s or better unless you racing uphill.....
Well.. maybe with an automagic or some rear gears for the track & a nice 60'. I agree with that time range. For now guess I'm driving up. Lol.

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Sounds like you doubt Hio's car being as stock as it is. The pieces in his car are good in their own right, but the difference with his is attention to the LAST detail and being tuned to within an inch of its life. I doubt his car is the only one built as it is with the capabilities it has, but it's the best known one on these forums. He, like I, gets pissed at those who mouth off without backing it up. The flaming starts then, and from what I have seen is usually justified. He might have an issue with holding his tongue, but whatever. Thousands?? LOL
No doubt in Hios car being stock as it is. I use the info he has posted & stated. Even though I've never seen his car in person I have a good idea of it from those things. Still. He has never seen my car & bashes it all the time. This is all in fun for me. Every person that has ever seen my car run will say it runs good. I know it runs good. But hiho thinks something is wrong with it. And everyone should just keep their cars stock & build on what they have until the last detail. I don't like how he does that. Yes. I bet there are thousands of modded ls6 cars out there that don't do that. Hundreds? Whatever. Lol.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 598 Likes on 413 Posts

How do 11.41 @ 122 sounds with only 445 rwhp/392 ft lb ? That's a heavier bird with a MWC 9 inch with a 1.6 60ft....
Old 07-21-2018, 07:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 459 Likes on 360 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Lol. Why are you bringing my car up? No excuses here my car is slow at the track. Who in the heck mentioned your dumb ***?? You act like you have more of a reason to be in this thread than me. Yet my car is very close to 500rwhp & yours is not. Suck on that for awhile dork.

Ok. No problem man. That's you.....not everybody. More of hiho trying to tell people what to do with their car. Man, I must get under your skin. You think I follow you around tech? Lol.

I appreciate the reply. As I'm not looking for credibility & hiho is of coarse. Right on. Oh and he flames thousands of people that don't have it coming just so you know. Because they don't run tens at over 130mph with a stawk "bolt on/in" ls6.

For the thread/OP. As hopefully you have gotten some info, of other combos, from this thread. How about maybe posting some ideas about what route you think you may take? Engine size is a pretty big part of this. Along with what you will be doing with the car(racing/street car/both) & what will make you happy?

I might as well share my engine combo as it's pretty close to 500rwhp. I went the 383 route. Has about 11.5:1 compression, PRC 215 heads, ported Fast 92/92 intake, 2" headers, dual x-pipe(dumped) exhaust, vacuum pump, & a custom ground(235/239 116+2) camshaft. The only part I didn't choose for my combo was the cam. Called SRD & explained to Martin exactly what I wanted from the cam. From being easy on valve springs, to making enough intake vacuum, to operate the brake booster so I wouldn't get a rock hard brake pedal, etc. He hit the nail on the head & I'm very happy with his cam & my combination. I've seen 499rwhp but that dyno read a bit high. On a dynojet, SAE numbers, it made 483/445.
i brought your car up because its a 500ish whp car that runs 11.8. You think 11.8 was op's goal with this thread?

I'm ok with my car not making 500whp. If i wanted 500+ whp i would address that while it's apart. Since i was only 50whp away from that it probably wouldn't take much to get it there especially after fixing the 2 warped intake ports and a exhaust leak. But with my home ported 243s i did hopefully it will get a little closer to 500whp.....with a stock cam.

good point. Op should state his goal more as acceleration goals instead of hp goals. Because as he can see you can have a 500whp m6 car and run 1sec slower than a 417whp(old nimbers) car. Suck on that for a while dork.

With those kind of numbers you have to be running 11.2s or better unless you racing uphill.....
lolz

Originally Posted by G Atsma
thanks....it's not the only bolt on ls6 fcar on tech in the 10s. There are 2 or 3 others as of pretty recently.

my car and i have been on here a long time. I've shared everything i did to it over the years in the hopes of helping others a little. No build thread because it's just been rolling changes. But it started out with the ls6 running 12.1 or 12.2 when i put it in the car.....to running a best of 10.7 with the same basic engine that ran 12.1. Same heads....same cam...same bottom end....hadn't been apart till i $ shifted it. So obviously the key to acceleration isn't which cam or head one chooses.

worst part is it never got ran at 451 whp. I was prepping it for that when i messed it up. Probably had atleast a 10.5 in it with the revamped stuff it had goin on.

Well.. maybe with an automagic or some rear gears for the track & a nice 60'. I agree with that time range. For now guess I'm driving up. Lol.

No doubt in Hios car being stock as it is. I use the info he has posted & stated. Even though I've never seen his car in person I have a good idea of it from those things. Still. He has never seen my car & bashes it all the time. This is all in fun for me. Every person that has ever seen my car run will say it runs good. I know it runs good. But hiho thinks something is wrong with it. And everyone should just keep their cars stock & build on what they have until the last detail. I don't like how he does that. Yes. I bet there are thousands of modded ls6 cars out there that don't do that. Hundreds? Whatever. Lol.
There are others.

i don't start in on you or anyone else till someone gives me ****. This thread is very good proof of that.

of course people that see your car are gonna tell you they think it runs good. If for nothing else to make their car look better. What's these bolt on 5br0s that drag you supposed to say??....that it's the worst running 383 ls they've ever seen. That doesn't make them sound fast.....nope. so they say man i just outran a strong 383.

Something is wrong with your car. It's called you.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

How do 11.41 @ 122 sounds with only 445 rwhp/392 ft lb ? That's a heavier bird with a MWC 9 inch with a 1.6 60ft....
Sounds pretty good. I'd be glad to run him if we were close. But I know you guys don't do that over dere.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Because as he can see you can have a 500whp m6 car and run 1sec slower than a 417whp(old nimbers) car. Suck on that for a while dork.

of course people that see your car are gonna tell you they think it runs good. If for nothing else to make their car look better. What's these bolt on 5br0s that drag you supposed to say??....that it's the worst running 383 ls they've ever seen. That doesn't make them sound fast.....nope. so they say man i just outran a strong 383.

Something is wrong with your car. It's called you.
So the .8 slower with the 10.9 or 1.0 slower with your magic 1.2x 60' run?? Good thing track times/wants had nothing to do with my build. For you it's everything.

Ok duhg, keep looking at your crystal ball like you know everything. The only bolt on 5.0 that drug me was the fastest one in south florida. Keep guessing.

Ok duhgie, you're an almighty master of something(or everything you think). I'm nothing & slow.

Enough here. Thread get back to topic.

Old 07-21-2018, 01:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 598 Likes on 413 Posts

You say you stay again? I'll 3 hours away to show you what a sbe LS2 can do with a mad driver behind it. Would drive longer but I'm a tall guy....
Old 07-21-2018, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

He ain't worth the sweat, Tusky….
Old 07-21-2018, 02:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 459 Likes on 360 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Sounds pretty good. I'd be glad to run him if we were close. But I know you guys don't do that over dere.

So the .8 slower with the 10.9 or 1.0 slower with your magic 1.2x 60' run?? Good thing track times/wants had nothing to do with my build. For you it's everything.

Ok duhg, keep looking at your crystal ball like you know everything. The only bolt on 5.0 that drug me was the fastest one in south florida. Keep guessing.

Ok duhgie, you're an almighty master of something(or everything you think). I'm nothing & slow.

Enough here. Thread get back to topic.
idk errythang. Don't claim to. But i typically know what not to do. And most times sticking to the basics will net you good results. Trying to rethink the wheel didn't work out for you very well.

you think drag times are everything to me. That's where your wrong. But it is a measure of a cars acceleration. That's why i do it. If i were as serious as you think about drag times i would've had a slick on it long ago, probably some drag brakes, put it on a fuel, maybe take some seats out, maybe even remove the jack/spare. It would also need a cage or they would boot me if i went to often.

anyway lets not get this thread locked. There are plenty other threads where soslo chases me around like a school girl with a crush.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 500 Likes on 323 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

You guys wouldn’t know what to do without each other lmao
Old 07-23-2018, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 229 Likes on 135 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by spanks13
You guys wouldn’t know what to do without each other lmao
^^^^^^^^^^^^Agreed!^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 11-05-2018, 09:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm the OP......I asked about the 500 hp combos because I was curious. I have a sbe ls1, stock 243s. I want to be able to make good power and try not to go past 7000 rpms. I play with the car in the highway, but its driven more than raced. Still has AC. It has a 230 234 .600 .602 111 lsa cam in it now and I just feel like I'm missing power with only 365rwhp. That's why I was asking. My third gen with a 355 and stock vortec heads ran 11.90s....lol i been messing with motors a long time, and can make an old school SBC fly. Just new to LS upgrades.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,307 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

You have something else majorly wrong if a 243 headed car with a 230 234 .600 .602 111 lsa cam is making 365rwhp. Have you done a compression test? What intake/exhaust? How many miles on the springs?
Old 11-05-2018, 01:46 PM

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,152 Posts

Originally Posted by timothy_5326
Anybody have a 500+ rwhp combos thru a 6 speed? Gonna be doing another motor and wanna get close to 500 if possible on motor. Please include head, cam specs, intake and cubic inch. Thanks
I'm asking if anyone has a proven combo. I'm open to different cubic inch setups.
Two links in my sig. One's a 346, other is a 428. Both did it. Too much to list in a single post. Warning. The 346 thread is LONG. First post was kept up to date, but if you want to see all the pain and suffering, it's in there.

The 428 was a layup. Hit mid 5's slipping on the dyno. I honestly expected over 600 on it, but have not had a chance to dyno on better tires.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:22 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

6.0L iron 408, or a 6.2 aluminum based 414. The extra bore of the 6.2 is well worth the step up imo. LS3 intake, summit LS3 cnc ported heads, call Jason at Texas spd for the stroker kit and a cam to match. Long tubes and supporting fuel/intake LS7 MAF and whatnot. Be a cake walk for ya
Old 11-05-2018, 08:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm the OP......I asked about the 500 hp combos because I was curious. I have a sbe ls1, stock 243s. I want to be able to make good power and try not to go past 7000 rpms. I play with the car in the highway, but its driven more than raced. Still has AC. It has a 230 234 .600 .602 111 lsa cam in it now and I just feel like I'm missing power with only 365rwhp. That's why I was asking. My third gen with a 355 and stock vortec heads ran 11.90s....lol i been messing with motors a long time, and can make an old school SBC fly. Just new to LS upgrades.
Its gonna be easier to get to that 500whp with a 400ish LS setup. 6.0 or bigger block w/ LS3 heads & intake, 92 mm TB will get there no problem on pump gas & you wont have to spin it past 7k to do it
Old 11-05-2018, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I dont make 500 its not the end of the world. Lol. I just feel like I should make more than 365 with 243s. Springs are new, compression good, everything checked out ok but the dyno flattened out around 6000 all the way to 6900 and the tuner even looked puzzled.....well....I found possible problem last week. I owned the car from 2005-2013, sold it completely stock, and found it 6 months ago and bought it back. The guy I bought it from done all the work, with paperwork and receipts. BUT....they cut the exhaust in half at the rear axle to drop the tank for fuel pump swap and some jackass reconnected the 3" pipe with a piece of 2 1/4" pipe....WTF....anyway, getting that fixed and taking back to dyno, hoping for 400 rwhp but 430 would be great.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

2-1/4"...…. Yeah...… Uhh, you're gonna make more power.... a BUNCH!
Old 11-05-2018, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
Its gonna be easier to get to that 500whp with a 400ish LS setup. 6.0 or bigger block w/ LS3 heads & intake, 92 mm TB will get there no problem on pump gas & you wont have to spin it past 7k to do it
Any suggestions on the L92 or Ls3 heads and milling? I've heard the L92 square port heads are 70.5 CC so it would kill some compression but maybe the extra airflow may make up the gap in any power lost through a compression hit. Or do you suggest starting off with finding Ls3 heads with the lighter intake valve and already smaller CC?
Old 11-06-2018, 08:19 AM

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,152 Posts

Originally Posted by foxsl
Any suggestions on the L92 or Ls3 heads and milling? I've heard the L92 square port heads are 70.5 CC so it would kill some compression but maybe the extra airflow may make up the gap in any power lost through a compression hit. Or do you suggest starting off with finding Ls3 heads with the lighter intake valve and already smaller CC?
The extra airflow only helps on smaller cubes if you rev. Especially with lower compression. If NA is all the yay, really need to get compression up. And you will still want to rev.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by foxsl
I have a 416 LS3 that I put together 3 yrs ago. It has GM CNC LS3 821 heads 68cc chambers hollowstem valves unmilled cometic .040 gaskets & a domed valve relief Wiseco piston 11.5:1 CR. I bought everything new. I went with a 6.2 block to run the square port heads & stock intake over some more expensive aftermarket heads & high dollar intake as the stock stuff works very well & is much cheaper. I've been very pleased with the performance

Quick Reply: Any 500 NA rwhp 6 speed combos?