Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dynomite Dynos vs Dynojet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 06:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dynomite Dynos vs Dynojet?

Does anyone have any experience as to how close these two dynos compare to each other number-wise?

The name of the dyno type is Dynomite Dyno. They seem to be more of a tuner dyno from what I can read and are really meant to be run with water through them to place a load on the car (or so I was told). Would this mean they read lower like a Mustang Dyno?
Old 01-06-2005, 07:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dynomite is a is a "high-end" dynamometer. With a good operator it is one of the ultimate tuner dyno's. Those systems are capable of more than most know or understand how to use. Their systems can be ordered with a water absorber, eddy current absorber or an AC absorber. Sounds like the one your using has a water absorber. Have the operator do a road load simulation test. Oh yeah...DynoJet numbers only come from DynoJet dyno's.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Teching In

Most tuner companies recommend using a Mustang Dyno or Superflow with loading to tune. You are also able to remove the load and turn the Mustang Dyno into a straight accelerometer, but for tuning it is not recommended. I have seen a number of problems with tunes done on a Dynojet.

Ron
Old 01-08-2005, 04:36 PM
11 Second Club

thanks for the info.. I don't think they know all they can do with the dyno and something about there isn't a large enough or fast-flowing enough water source for them to actually use the water loading mechanism.

I guess I was just curious if they normally read less than a dynojet (like a Mustang dyno) or if the numbers would be fairly close for just the straight up accelerometer testing.

I only used it to get a baseline and some a/f info.

Quick Reply: Dynomite Dynos vs Dynojet?