Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Mustang dyno numbers and questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005 | 11:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Default Mustang dyno numbers and questions.

Local shop is getting a mustang dyno.We have no dynojet within 500 or more miles of us.I hear the mustangs are better for tuning.I also hear they read low.Is there a certain percentage that they are lower than the dynojets and is it true I think I heard that the newer mustangs can do conversion to dynojet numbers.
Old 02-15-2005 | 11:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Who cares what it dyno's, take it to the track and see what it runs. That's all that really matters.
Old 02-15-2005 | 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Better stated, DynoJets read higher then others based on my experiance of working with many brands of chassis dynos over a 20 year period, long before Dynojet made car dynos. No, Mustang does not have a Dynojet conversion in their software but it is posible to go into the software and manipulate certain tables to get different readings, highly unethical in my opinion. This is very inaccurate because their is not a direct percentage that covers different HP ranges and applications, another words, it is a lower percentage for low HP and higher percentage for high HP cars. A load bearing chassis dyno is best for tuning which from many dyno shop's viewpoint is where you can make the most money - if they're good at it.

EJ
Old 02-15-2005 | 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

When i was getting my previous car dynoed (3G Eclipse) the shop owner told me to multiply my Mustang dyno numbers by 1.14 and that would give me an APPROXIMATE IDEA of what the Dynojet would have read, but numbers dont really matter unless you just want bragging rights, just use the same dyno after upgrades to keep up with improvements, the power will be the same its the ruler that changes, like above, go to the track to see improvements and use the same dyno
Old 02-20-2005 | 04:21 AM
TECH Resident

I know that a Dyno Dynamics dyno will show ~10rwhp more than a dynojet (on a ~400rwhp car)... saw that today...