Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Gtech Pro ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 08:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Gtech Pro ?

HI
I'm new to this forum. this is my first post. like what I read here and find this forum very helpful. just wanted to ask you guys if anybody out there or do u know anyone who uses Gtechpro. wondering what kind of # to expect. I have one just ran two try's. first one I got 235 rwhp, 221 tq. this is w/ all 2001 ws6 stock . down to stock wheels as well. sec run was 240rwhp,261 tq. is this sound right. guess I'm looking for dyno type numbers. I know duno's dont have street type wind drag etc...

just got this ws6 2 weeks ago and doing mods. bolt on 1st. I ordered bellows & intake lid both frm SLP.
thanks guys for any info

cowboysfan
Old 03-18-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had G-tech pro ( the old one not the newer one, the newer one is G-tech pro compition ) and i only used it for 1/4 mile, i didn't try it for dynoing. it was within 0.1 second and close to 4 mph higher than a track. currently i have the TAZZO meter which is more accurate than the old G-tech, i guess it is very close from a track timing as well as the mph.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea it is the newer one gtech pro ss. I just wondered if these numbers are close to what my engine is producing now .all stock form. no mods yet.

thanks
Old 03-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Abdullah
i had G-tech pro ( the old one not the newer one, the newer one is G-tech pro compition ) and i only used it for 1/4 mile, i didn't try it for dynoing. it was within 0.1 second and close to 4 mph higher than a track. currently i have the TAZZO meter which is more accurate than the old G-tech, i guess it is very close from a track timing as well as the mph.
What is the TAZZO meter?....My GTech Pro was on crack....the only thing it nailed real well was the 60 ft times....usually within a few hundreths, but the ET and MPH was out to lunch and the worst part was it was INCONSISTANTLY out to lunch....If it was always off by 3 tenths and 4 MPH I could have dealt with that....I would have simply compensated for it when I wanted to know my "actual" performance. I think stick cars are much harder to get accurate results with an accelerometer....at least one that costs a couple of hundred dollars.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here is a link about TAZZO :

http://www.volvospeed.com/Reviews/tazzo.htm

Quick Reply: Gtech Pro ?