Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

what cam?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what cam?

what cam is the best bang for the buck? been looking but i need some real feedback from people running the cam. keep in mind i will be running a 100 shot.

P.s what do u guys think i'll pull on the dyno without juice with the mods in my sig?
thanks
Old 04-09-2005, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im running the F14 w/ a 100shot wet on a 98 TA A4 but dunno how the car is since i havent gotten it back yet. Im sure it'll be just fine for a DD though
My old F11 setup was great also. It made 388rwhp verter locked on motor w/ mid length hedders & the usual bolt-ons.
Id say go with an F13 or F14 cam package for your setup but u'll need to get an aftermarket verter like a vig or yank. gears would be good too. They are good bang for the buck cams. Speed Inc and TSP have some good ones too. There's lots of choices.
If you have all the good bolt-ons like the ud pulley, ported TB, LS6 intake ( or weiand but ive heard they soak up heat and dont perform as well as the LS6), LT hedders, 3in ory w/1 or 2 cutouts or an x-pipe, lid, free mods, etc then with a good tune u'll most likely make 400rwhp locked with the F13 or F14 off the bottle and prolly 480-485rwhp w/ 100hp dry shot. either of those cams works well w/ dry or wet spray.
Ditch the SLP MAF though cuz they make the car harder to tune. Most tuners prefer a stock de-screened maf.
jus my opinion!