Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dyno Jet or Mustang???

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my friends s/c, balanced, blueprinted 93 m3 dynoed 366rwhp on mustang and my all motor T/a is at 392 on dyno jet. He said he has a bit more hp cause the mustang is more accurate and would have thrown higher # on a dyno jet. I told him that the most his can be underrated by is 7% and since I have 4.10's, I would have been over 400 Rwhp
Am I right or do I have alzheimers????!!
Old 03-28-2006, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

From my observation, as a general rule, Dynojets read 10-15% higher then most other brands of properly calibrated chassis dynos. However, like most rules, exceptions exist such as if someone is dynoed on the highest reading Mustang in the country and compares to the lowest reading Dynojet in the country. Many are mis-calibrated unintentionally and intentionally.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I now use the powerdyno software.

The dynojet software is much easier to pull up a run, or compare multiple runs. With the mustang software is very cumbersom and hangs up when recalling other runs. The drag and adjust, different windwows for AF, boost, that are all easily compared to RPM/MPH. Using the simple on/off button for a pull, without having to hit your exact target rpm, or risk stopping the captured pull short by setting too low of a rpm stopping point.

One can easily send the DRF file to a customer and they can view all of the data with a simple download. Finding these files, and sending them to a customer to view with a mustang dyno, is either difficult, or not possible?)

Having to use a remote keyboard/mouse with the mustang dyno for incar control, vs the simple Serial connection for the dynojet that allows you to run the dynojet software on your laptop, something just not possible with the old ISA (or other large card) that cannot be connected to your tuning laptop when using a mustang dyno (maybe this has changed in the past 1.5 years? not sure)

Ryan

Ryan
Old 03-28-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dynocar
From my observation, as a general rule, Dynojets read 10-15% higher then most other brands of properly calibrated chassis dynos. However, like most rules, exceptions exist such as if someone is dynoed on the highest reading Mustang in the country and compares to the lowest reading Dynojet in the country. Many are mis-calibrated unintentionally and intentionally.
This is one other reason why mustang dyno's can be misleading, intentionally calibrating the numbers to read higher is makes comparing them from dyno to dnyo. Just this past weekend I was discussing with a mustang dyno owner, about the installer of thier machine told them how to alter the values to make it read higher.

Ryan
Old 03-28-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Agreed, that is a real problem. As more eddy current Dynojets hit the market that adds more load that should provide even higher readings, we may see the same problem within the inertia Dynojet arena, make sense?
Old 03-29-2006, 06:26 AM
On The Tree

BS shops usually don't last too long. Anyone wanna buy a Tornado

Quick Reply: Dyno Jet or Mustang???