Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

dyno/fuel question

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 01:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default dyno/fuel question

ok, im not ure if this is silly or anything, but everyone says that autos dyno lower than 6spd's, because of the drivetrain loss, yet at the motor its basically the same power. question is when some one says the stock fuel system is good untill 450rwhp or 425rwhp, or for example when someone sys tht 125rwhp is biggest you want to go on a dry shot, im assuming that is for a 6spd since most people like to use their dynos more due to them being generally higher. Thus, with the engines making the same base power, but autos mke less, is there a set limitation on the stock fuel system on autos. I know its kinda hard to follow, sorry.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:10 PM
11 Second Club

Well when you really get down to it, it's all about how much fuel you need to get into your engine and the power you're making is a pretty good indication of that. It's not concrete. I'm sure it also depends on how you're making the power; N/A, turbo, nitrous, etc... My fuel pressure would crap out at around 5500 rpm and I had to upgrade my system with 423 RWHP. I'm sure someone can give you a good estimate for an auto. Just remember that there are a lot of variables that go into it, for example it would certainly depend if the converter is locked or unlocked.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:20 PM
CARTEK Racing

I have 491RWHP on a stock fuel system with 30# injectors...

But to answer your question, if I understand it corectly; The only way to judge what the fuel system is good up to is to generalze fly-wheel HP. And I don't think that the old rules apply as I know my car made what it did with a stock fuel system and slightly bigger then stock injectors.

Either way, when someone sais that a stock fuel system is good up to a certain HP rating they are usualy full of crap. Its too hard to tell, there are too many factors. If someone was to say "A stock fuel system on a NA H/C car with a 6spd is usualy good up to XXXRWHP" then you can see the logic and it is easily understood. I guess what I am trying to say is that the source and context are important to make the call.