Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Time to put up or shut up!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 03:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Time to put up or shut up!!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/chevrolet-performance-lsx-challenge-series-shootout/686561-lsx-shootout-memphis.html

Time to justify some of these Dyno numbers guys!!

See what some of these big HP cars will do.

Any takers??
Old 04-03-2007, 03:29 PM
FormerVendor

Count us in .... Seems like a great opportunity to level the playing field and back up some #s !!!!
Old 04-03-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

That is what I am talking about!!!
Old 04-03-2007, 04:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

I too would like to see some of these high hp cars coming out of Vengeance redyno'd just for an unbiased comparison. Then if the results are comprable all the nay sayers can drink a big glass of STFU, and if the results aren't repeatable then Ron you got some explaining to do. Just my 2 cents.

It would be good IMO to take a recently dyno'd car from one shop and go hit the rollers at Vengeance. That would be a good 2 way comparison. Would definately shed a lot of light on the speculation as to whether Vengeance is for real or not. I am sure Ron expected this though, he is after all doing the same thing everyone else is, but getting better results. Anytime you do something better someone will be suspicious, or hopefully just curious. Again just my 2 cents. Now lets get some cars strapped down..............
Old 04-03-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

Screw strapping them down, LINE EM' UP!! Wheels up baby!!
Old 04-03-2007, 04:37 PM
FormerVendor

This isnt a dyno race, this is 1/4 mile action... That is where we WANT to be....

As for our #s, they have been proven OVER AND OVER again.... Brad02Z06 who made 504rwhp here @ Vengeance made 513 in Alabama with a different set of tires(10lbs lighter) and ran over 101mph in the 1/8 his first time out in 100% street trim.... SmokinStorm is running 10.70s@126 in an A4 with a bad stall/gear combo on some shake down passes in +1800 DA....We had a heads/cam GTO (4165 w/driver) trapping 120mph in Florida 2 weeks ago on STREET TIRES...
We have locals use our dyno all the time who say our #s are within 5rwhp of the other 4 dynos in the area...

Funny thing is, people say we are doing what others arent, but I see several shops putting up 500rwhp graphs or damn close to it all the time without the drama associated with our name.... Kind of odd that a guy can build a set up in his garage and tune it himself and make 498rwhp out of an F body, but we cant make 514 out of a Z06 with more compression and lightweight clutch....... I do believe East Coast SuperCharging has broken 500rwhp once or twice as well with these TrickFLows.. LG did it years ago, so did Cartek... now all of the sudden because we do it with new aftermarket castings and our shop name is only 10 months old our #s are fake.....

Anytime ANYONE on here is in the area and has a proven package who would like to compare dynos please come by. Our doors will be open.... We have upset quite a few people already with lower than expected #s......

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
I too would like to see some of these high hp cars coming out of Vengeance redyno'd just for an unbiased comparison. Then if the results are comprable all the nay sayers can drink a big glass of STFU, and if the results aren't repeatable then Ron you got some explaining to do. Just my 2 cents.

It would be good IMO to take a recently dyno'd car from one shop and go hit the rollers at Vengeance. That would be a good 2 way comparison. Would definately shed a lot of light on the speculation as to whether Vengeance is for real or not. I am sure Ron expected this though, he is after all doing the same thing everyone else is, but getting better results. Anytime you do something better someone will be suspicious, or hopefully just curious. Again just my 2 cents. Now lets get some cars strapped down..............
Old 04-03-2007, 05:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
This isnt a dyno race, this is 1/4 mile action... That is where we WANT to be....
AMEN!

Great thread... I would love to see some of the dyno queens run their cars. They post up big #'s - yet their car never sees the track.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Great response Ron, and keep up the good work over there. I'll be in touch via PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this event should attract quite a few lsx participants,i'm anxious to see what the rules end up at and who all will be attending.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Keep up the good work Ron. I love seeing the controversy that gets created by one shop doing better then everyone else. I think the numbers on the dyno and track pretty much back up the work being done at Ron's shop.

The way Vengeance is going we are going to see a 346 make 520 rwhp pretty soon. They seem to have the formula figured out. Lets see who comes out with the next big thing. Good luck Ron. I totally support what you guys are doing over there.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:54 PM
8 Second Club

I will be there if i aint hurt the motor by then..
Old 04-04-2007, 11:37 PM
10 Second Club

Hey this sound like some fun. Ron make sure you bring plenty of your boys. If my car is not broke by then(knock on wood) I may race in a 6 speed class.