Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Z06 dynod

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 05:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeenis
i know absolutely nothing about cars, so doing anything myself is out the window.
CAI was $400, MAF $370, Dyno/Tune $400, Stat $100, Man-Switch $130, Labor $300 (work was done several weeks apart). I'm pretty sure that stuff is pricey, but ****, the car itself was over 70K. and if I did the work myself, I'd be writing in the "help, i jacked up my car " section
At least yall are all in agreement that the dyno numbers are pretty good. i'll show yall the new numbers after my LG headers.
Like others here have mentioned, those prices are very high. You definitely were fucked on "labor". P-ahhh-lease! But, really, I'm not ragging on you or picking on you, either.

Just do yourself a favor and learn a little about working on the car yourself. The mods you did could have been done in less and an hour or two (except for the tune, which would need "professional" help). These cars are not that hard to work on and there are TONS of threads about how to work on them. Do a search and learn. Also, the people on LS1TECH are always willing to help out a new owner. Just ask for help before spending an *** load of money. But, if you can't do the work, I'll install the next mods for $299!!

Enjoy!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

He's obviously a baller...but yea,he got screwed for 1700 dollars lol
Old 05-23-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

what do yall think about these numbers? seem a bit low to me, but i'm still a newb at all this.
only mods are Lingenfelter CAI with MAF and 160 Stat. dyno pic, but results were 475 rwhp and 442 tq. outside temp 84

Hey bro, I see you are in Dallas, why the hell didn't you just go to LG Motorsports in the first place? 21st century charged you way too much ( I know broken record ) Read my sig and tell Bobby I sent ya ok. I promise Bobby will give you the most for the least. Why do you think I left Michigan on 3 occasions to have work done on my car VS staying in house. LG was Thousands cheaper then anyone here in Michigan for all the things done to my car. Place your order with Bobby and let Sean, Mikey, or maybe Louis will do the work on your car. Let them do your headers, and a small cam or get brave and do something wicked. 520 rwhp to 630 rwhp depending on cam choice. LG Motorsports is doing great things with the new c6 zo6.

Check your PM's ok.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LostCauseZ06
umm... you got SCREWED if you spent 1700 dollars on all that lmao.... maf is pointless... 160 tstat is pointless for the most part....

the tune shouldnt have cost more than 500 MAX for a FULL dyno tune.

tune - 500
tstat - 60
CAI - 400 is max id spend
Maf is pointless unless your FI

holy **** i just looked at lingenfelters website.... 650 dollars for a freaking intake?? HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA WOW!!! corvette tax at its best ahhahahaha

im pretty sure that if i had the $$$ for a c6 zo6 i wouldnt care about the $$ for that and tuning
Old 05-29-2007, 02:48 AM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by sloganish
im pretty sure that if i had the $$$ for a c6 zo6 i wouldnt care about the $$ for that and tuning
I have the money for one; and I'd use $1700 differently

Jeenis, you're in Texas. There are PLENTY of quality shops near you that can do your installs and that will not rip you

Just do a little searching on this site and you'll be enlightened GREATLY about how much $ you can save with the proper knowledge

BTW; very good results for having very minimal bolt-ons

LT'S and a re-tune would put you comfortably over 500 rwhp.

Kooks or LG'S Longtube Headers/no cats, Camshaft, and a re-tune would put you VERY comfortably over 500 rwhp In the +55x rwhp range

Enjoy
Old 05-29-2007, 06:10 AM
11 Second Club

I MIGHT have charged a beer for labor.. lol

Nice numbers though
Old 05-29-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Addict

Dont pull that engine apart and put a cam in there. Leave that thing alone aside from headers. A nice new car like that can live without the extra 50whp and retain the warranty, driveability and all the good stock traits. Do not listen to these guys about getting a cam.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by LostCauseZ06
holy **** i just looked at lingenfelters website.... 650 dollars for a freaking intake?? HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA WOW!!! corvette tax at its best ahhahahaha
That is why I bought the K&N version. I got it shipped to my door for $256. Couldnt pass it up.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
Dont pull that engine apart and put a cam in there. Leave that thing alone aside from headers. A nice new car like that can live without the extra 50whp and retain the warranty, driveability and all the good stock traits. Do not listen to these guys about getting a cam.
? um...this is ls1tech...If you enjoy stock cars, I'm sure the Kia forums need some moderators.

Stock sucks.

Mod that bitch.

On a serious note, even without having to cam that car, it's gonna be wicked fast with ~500rwhp (hell, it's wicked fast stock...). It's his call, not ours.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Dragon
LT'S and a re-tune would put you comfortably over 500 rwhp.
that's what i was thinking. but after LTs and Borla Stinger, it still only put out 490 rwhp. i was hoping for over 500. EVERYBODY i talked to said that would put me easily over the mark. i'm happy with LG and their work, i guess i was wanting higher top end hp (i know, dont we all?)
Originally Posted by Chadder
Stock sucks.

Mod that bitch.
+1 G7X5 cam next. i betta see over 550rwhp
Old 06-19-2007, 03:27 AM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

that's what i was thinking. but after LTs and Borla Stinger, it still only put out 490 rwhp. i was hoping for over 500. EVERYBODY i talked to said that would put me easily over the mark. i'm happy with LG and their work, i guess i was wanting higher top end hp (i know, dont we all?)

I strongly recommend selling your Lingenfelter Intake and getting a Halltech AAIS Intake System; also known as the "Killer Bee" C6 ZO6 Intake

Which LT'S did you choose? Size? Cats?

EXCELLENT choice of camshafts
Old 06-19-2007, 08:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

The g7x5 with all boltons will yield 600+ rhwp. Lou Gigliotti's personal car with the g7x5 pkg put down 632 rhwp I believe. It is nasty as hell too !!!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

[QUOTE=Jeenis]that's what i was thinking. but after LTs and Borla Stinger, it still only put out 490 rwhp. i was hoping for over 500. EVERYBODY i talked to said that would put me easily over the mark. i'm happy with LG and their work, i guess i was wanting higher top end hp (i know, dont we all?)

Hey Jeenis, you managed 490 rwhp !!! That's all, damn !! Let me put it to you like this, my LGMotorsports tuned car with its h/c/i bolton 346 makes 490 rwhp and 445 rwtq and lost to Fadi's c6 zo6 by less then a car (70-140) and he makes 460 rwhp. You put down 490 rwhp compared to Fadi's 460 (different dyno's but both DJ's) if you and I raced from a roll you would walk me like a dog. I would love to see what your car could do on a top speed run though. I buried my speedo with LG's pkg and tuning. You should definately be able to run 200+ MPH. Post your dynograph, your low end torque is probably nuts !! My lil 346 made 360 rwtq at 2800 rpms. I could see you making 400 rwtq at 3000 rpms. PM me or post more details.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:44 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Post your dynograph, your low end torque is probably nuts !! I could see you making 400 rwtq at 3000 rpms. PM me or post more details.
attached
Originally Posted by The Dragon
I strongly recommend selling your Lingenfelter Intake and getting a Halltech AAIS Intake System; also known as the "Killer Bee" C6 ZO6 Intake

Which LT'S did you choose? Size? Cats?

EXCELLENT choice of camshafts
these headers with cats http://www.lgmotorsports.com/catalog...oducts_id=1515
ya, i've seriously thought about selling that Lingenfelter and getting the killer bee (even b4 u mentioned it).
Attached Thumbnails Z06 dynod-dyno-c-headers.jpg  
Old 06-19-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

these headers with cats http://www.lgmotorsports.com/catalog...oducts_id=1515
ya, i've seriously thought about selling that Lingenfelter and getting the killer bee (even b4 u mentioned it).
Losing 10 rwhp minimum from the cats alone

A few more ponies by not using the Killer Bee . . . there is your 50x rwhp right there

You might come close to 500 rwhp by switching to the Killer Bee.

Still . . . 490 rwhp through cats is a stellar achievement
Old 06-20-2007, 09:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

I just saw your dyno. Damn that hp/tq curve is great. Amazing what a set LG Pro Longtube Headers will do for the exhaling of the c6 zo6. Over 400 rwtq at 3000 rpms, just as I predicted. I don't want to race you now, lol. Hell I would still run ya if I was in the area. Good luck with the car, go kill some Ford GT's and a lot of the other monsters rolling around out there. I'd like to see some vids of you against a K/B Cobra. Should be interesting.

BTW who was your salesperson? Was it Bobby ?? If so I hope he took care of you if you dropped my name before the sale.