Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Questions about dyno?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 02:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Questions about dyno?

I just got my dyno today, using a mustang dynamometer. 303 peak torque, 262 peak hp. From what I've seen, thats pretty low, but it got me thinking. Do mustang dynos (or any dyno for that matter) account for elevation? The elevation at the shop is 3000 feet. There was also 40% humidity. So do I have a slow *** ls1, or does the elevation affect my car this much. A/F was also about mid 12's across the whole rpm range, spiking up to 13.9 at around 5200 rpm. Thank you.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they gave you SAE or other corrected numbers, then it is corrected for temperature and pressure.

Heres some write-up:

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=58222

Last edited by machinistone; 10-06-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:32 PM
11 Second Club

Well looking at my dyno sheet, I don't see anything relating to SAE corrected numbers. Am I to assume these numbers are un-corrected? If so, is there a calculator that will help with corrections? I believe there is one on here...I just have to search for it. If I find it, I will post up corrected results.

EDIT: I found this link http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_cf.htm and according to that...if I did it right...corrected numbers are 287 hp and about 330 torque. One question on that link though as well, it asked for vapor pressure, and there isn't one listed on my dyno sheet. I used the psi number, and if thats the case, it was .2, thus what I used for the calculator. I'm still wondering though, about how much elevation has to do with dyno numbers.

Last edited by AznMuscle; 10-06-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call the shop and ask them if they supply sheets in uncorrected(as tested) or corrected - we ask the customer before printing, and explain the difference.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:45 AM
11 Second Club

I did ask them if it was SAE corrected.....he said that the dyno does take into concideration the temperature, humidity, and pressure, but didn't say about the altitude or if it is SAE or STD corrected. My sheet doesn't say anything about corrections...just states speed, temp, pressure, humidity, and psi?? Don't know what that one is about.