Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Rx7 knowledge here please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 04:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exclamation Rx7 knowledge here please!!!

hmmm who knows..

Last edited by lemons12; 01-07-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

posted too late, haha
Old 10-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just throw some nitrous on there for added insurance.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Trav's_TransAm
Just throw some nitrous on there for added insurance.
i have it and spray 24/7

Last edited by lemons12; 01-07-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lemons12
normally i would.... but i spent 1400 on my heads and the swap... kind of out of money at the moment....

i know if its close to stock its not even going to be a race.... im just wondering if he is on stock turbos pretty much fully built if he could beat me, or be very close.....

btw, i should be at a 11 flat or a 10.9 in the 1/4
dude dont worry about it rotarys are good motors.. when running right but usually if there pretty done up there running like ****. so since there so confident its because its close 2 stock witch equals u raping him ...dont forget the vid bro
Old 10-22-2008, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok, well long story short...

i was going to get my friend that bought my old camaro to race the rx7.. he just has bolt ons.. they found out how bad we were going to destroy it, and backed out...

then they wanted us to race a stripped out 302 or a 346stroker mustang with a blower for a grand... we said we would do 200 because we didnt have a grand.. they said fine, then we called a friend (egokiller) that has a black 408 transam and asked if he wanted to race it for a grand, of course he said yes... we went back and told them, they then backed out again.. they are now looking for a drag car to race the 408 trans am... they are racing the 347 stroker with NO blower on it against thomas (ls1z2800) just a H/C car, for 200$ in 3 days... im racing as soon as my swap is done..

basically it went from me racing a import just to show them i will blow all their cars out of the water.. to racing a DOMESTIC mustang.. haha, to jason racing them and me and friend racing them... now they are on the mission to find a drag car... and there are rumors today that hey have backed out of racing thomas also...

what we think happen, is they thought they would say they had some mustang that would race for a grand and we got scared, when we agreed to their surprise, they backed out, EVERY car/bike that they have asked us to race they have backed out once we agree.......

btw, the rx7 was stockish, so i would hav absolutely murdered it, and i looked into it deeper... even if it was TOTALLY built on stock turbos... still wouldnt have mattered really
Old 10-22-2008, 02:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

there will definitely be a vid or someone racing someone! haha, if nothing else me and my friend thomas just for the hell of it.. but i think we are going to get a bike to run us tonight!

only thing with that is we dont want to show them us beating a bike, and then now wanting to run for money when we race the cars..
Old 10-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Launching!

ok, well long story short...

i was going to get my friend that bought my old camaro to race the rx7.. he just has bolt ons.. they found out how bad we were going to destroy it, and backed out...

then they wanted us to race a stripped out 302 or a 346stroker mustang with a blower for a grand... we said we would do 200 because we didnt have a grand.. they said fine, then we called a friend (egokiller) that has a black 408 transam and asked if he wanted to race it for a grand, of course he said yes... we went back and told them, they then backed out again.. they are now looking for a drag car to race the 408 trans am... they are racing the 347 stroker with NO blower on it against thomas (ls1z2800) just a H/C car, for 200$ in 3 days... im racing as soon as my swap is done..

basically it went from me racing a import just to show them i will blow all their cars out of the water.. to racing a DOMESTIC mustang.. haha, to jason racing them and me and friend racing them... now they are on the mission to find a drag car... and there are rumors today that hey have backed out of racing thomas also...

what we think happen, is they thought they would say they had some mustang that would race for a grand and we got scared, when we agreed to their surprise, they backed out, EVERY car/bike that they have asked us to race they have backed out once we agree.......

btw, the rx7 was stockish, so i would hav absolutely murdered it, and i looked into it deeper... even if it was TOTALLY built on stock turbos... still wouldnt have mattered really
told u that rx7 was stockish lol

and dont let them ever see u racing bikes or they will never race u. lol
Old 10-22-2008, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ls1passion
told u that rx7 was stockish lol

and dont let them ever see u racing bikes or they will never race u. lol
yea i know, it was more of curiosity i guess of how fast they *could be modded on stock turbos.... after i posted it, i felt kind of dumb for even asking.. haha

yea i know, but the local bike crew is kind of talking **** too.. and we are starting to run out of cars to race, it gets old seeing the same ole cars running all the time.... itd be something different, and it would hurt some feelings.. haha
Old 10-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Launching!

yea i know, it was more of curiosity i guess of how fast they *could be modded on stock turbos.... after i posted it, i felt kind of dumb for even asking.. haha

yea i know, but the local bike crew is kind of talking **** too.. and we are starting to run out of cars to race, it gets old seeing the same ole cars running all the time.... itd be something different, and it would hurt some feelings.. haha
i was in the same boat i had destroyed everyone around. then my car broke was down 4 2 months. now i have a kb 98 gt 2 deal with he has full bolt ons and fully built 4 boost. i beat him before the kb so he want blood. lol and a **** load of other cars.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ls1passion
i was in the same boat i had destroyed everyone around. then my car broke was down 4 2 months. now i have a kb 98 gt 2 deal with he has full bolt ons and fully built 4 boost. i beat him before the kb so he want blood. lol and a **** load of other cars.
haha, well get on that! good luck to ya..
Old 10-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Launching!

haha, well get on that! good luck to ya..
same 2 u!!!!!
Old 10-25-2008, 04:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

new update... there is a civic that wants to run jason(408 T/A) for 3,000$... the civic says he is going to mop the street with him, and its not going to be a race... i was told by the civic owner his self that he runs low 7's.. but doesnt remember what he trapped, his 60 foot, or any of his mods.. so that let me know he was BSing.. FWIW jason runs mid to high 5's.. (i know the civic will back out and this race will never happen..)

i promise this thread will end in a video of something being smashed! haha
Old 10-30-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds like you deal with a bunch of pussies. i would just say "**** you and have a nice day" to their whole crew or whatever they are and find some real competition.

your squad has some nice cars too from the sounds of it.

i wanna see a vid. NOW! lol
Old 10-30-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1Loudz28
sounds like you deal with a bunch of pussies. i would just say "**** you and have a nice day" to their whole crew or whatever they are and find some real competition.

your squad has some nice cars too from the sounds of it.

i wanna see a vid. NOW! lol

yea, i wont even speak to them about cars anymore.. i just walk away, i actually am friends with some.. sooooo......

thanks man.. we got a few quick ones, and for what we have done, w run good times.. im at about a 11 flat on motor.... friend is at a low 11 on motor and mid to lowish 10 on spray... the 408... haha, hes fast, period. lol got a few other bolt on ls1s in the high high 11s and 12s.. then some cars that are in 13s and such that want ls1s.. haha

i havnt forgot i promised a vid... we have some races setup for this weekend.. hopefully we can make something out of it... but who knows.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

408 sounds ****** bad ***! pics?

hopefully your weather is better than ca weather right now...pouring right now.

subscribed for the vid.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1Loudz28
408 sounds ****** bad ***! pics?

hopefully your weather is better than ca weather right now...pouring right now.

subscribed for the vid.
he only has a few right now... he swapped the engine into a different car... and only took her to the track once... but he has a vid of him almost wrecking it while doing a wheelie.. haha.. ill try to see if i can get ahold of it.....

there is supposed to be some racing gong down tonight... we will see if anything happens!
Old 11-02-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

well i asked quite a few people to race but no luck... one stang didnt have a tune, so no luck there.. another guy told me he was ready to race whenever i was in his camaro... so i said id go grab my tires and be back in about 15... he said not tonight, it would have to be next weekend..... then we called about 50 people and either they couldnt/wouldnt... or said they would, and no show... we were out and about for about 5 hours.. thought i had a bike lined up but no go! did get to go to a car show though.. that was cool..

owell! still trying.. haha
Old 11-11-2008, 06:19 AM
TECH Addict

I hate pussies with big mouths who can't back their **** up.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
I hate pussies with big mouths who can't back their **** up.
+1... hey hit up the photoshop forum when you get a chance.. thanks