Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

s13 with sr. does he have me?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default s13 with sr. does he have me?

So my buddy who's had a 240 with a ka24e for the past 2 years finally put an sr20 in it with a few mods.- intake & exhaust manifold, super-sequential bov, and some tuner, which he said will put him at about 300rwhp. He's got his coilovers set LOW (which hurts straightline perf. right?), and an otherwise stock suspension. He also has a skyline lsd.

My #s are in sig. I've got LTs, orx, lid, ls6 intake mani, p&p tb and a short throw. I'm stock otherwise. I should be getting nitto DRs within the next week or 2.

Can he beat me? Even if he can't i know its gonna be REALLY close, and driver ability is gonna play a big part.

If he can beat me, is there any mod other than h/c (no nitrous either) that i can do to get more power, or to get the power i have now to the wheels better? (drag springs maybe?)

i can't let this guy beat me. help me out.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:20 PM
11 Second Club

Go from a dig with the Nittos to be on the safe side of winning.

He isn't getting any traction in that regard. Drag springs are going to be useless when he wants to inevitably go from a ricer roll, so I wouldn't consider those (even though I have them lol).

I mean... you don't want to do much with H/C or nitrous... you could go full-bolt ons with an underdrive pulley... pull some weight out of the car if you haven't already (spare, jack, rear seats/seatbelt housings, passenger seat?, 1/4 or less in the gas tank).

If you really want to, you can even relocate your battery lol.

I can guarantee he isn't anywhere near the torque you are making, so just have that in the back of your mind as well.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

i seriously doubt he'll race me from a dig. import guys around here, especially turbo'ed ones, won't race from a dig. pisses me off. i hate roll races, takes NO driver skill, and i'm deffinetly a better driver than him.

other than ud pulley what other bolt-ons can i do? i've already got the spare tire and jack out, and i dont wanna go crazy with weight reduction. and it's not that i don't want to do h/c (thats my plan for the car), but this is my dd and it'd cost me atleast 1k for the h/c setup i want.

would puttin on 243 heads help with the stock cam? or maybe just a mild cam with stock heads?

Quick Reply: s13 with sr. does he have me?