Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

need your input!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 08:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need your input!

Well my car just went under the knife starting this week, pulling out motor and sending block to the machine shop to forged it out, going to be running 317 heads with patriot dual springs and epp boost cam,ls6 intake,85mm tb,hooker headers,12 bolt moser with 4:10's and d1 front mount procharger....

1st question is what hp do you think I can pull off?

second question is: buddy of mine is bulding a 95 cobra with 04 cobra block with a kenne bell, he says its a new supercharger called mammoth from kenne bell not sure what it is exactly, he says he should be close to 700hp with it, I personally cant believe that it can push that much on a stock 04 cobra block. or can it?

what do you think the outcome of this race would be? just wanted to see what you guys had to say, maybe some of you have seen a familiar race already
Old 10-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by solo21
...and d1 front mount procharger....
As opposed to a rear mount procharger?

1st question is what hp do you think I can pull off?
How many cubic inches?

second question is: buddy of mine is bulding a 95 cobra with 04 cobra block with a kenne bell, he says its a new supercharger called mammoth from kenne bell not sure what it is exactly, he says he should be close to 700hp with it, I personally cant believe that it can push that much on a stock 04 cobra block. or can it?
Can it make 700rwhp on a stock Cobra engine? Easily...very easily.
He'll just need all the supporting mods to get the power to the ground
and to get enough fuel to the engine.

what do you think the outcome of this race would be? just wanted to see what you guys had to say, maybe some of you have seen a familiar race already
There's not enough information to speculate really. Can you tell us more about each of the cars...trans, tires, wheels, clutch, converter, race weight, cubes of the LS1, etc.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

my ls1 is 347, t56, hurst shifter, ram clutch, et MTs on prostars, stock weight, I still have a/c.

cobra is full weight also stock cobra wheels, nr555 nittos, I dont know what clutch and what all he has done to his tranny. he says, all you have to know is that there is a kenne bell in it. sorry thats all the info I have from his car
Old 10-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My educated guess is that his nittos will be his downfall. They can't handle that kind of power. How much boost are you going to run? 8psi won't be enough most likely
Old 10-02-2009, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

hoping to push 12, just a little worried my fuel system might not be enough to push that much, its racetronix pump with hot wire kit, that came with procharger kit....
Old 10-05-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know.
And yes, that can be done without issue.
Stock short block is setting records in the 8's IIRC.

Quick Reply: need your input!