Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

need help...any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help...any suggestions?

Something has been happening with my car lately where it hesitates or kind of loses power between approx. 2800-3800 rpm and then it starts to feel pretty normal after that. First I thought it was a bad dose of fuel but it hasnt gone away yet....any suggestions? Could it possibly need to be retuned? It hasn't been tuned in about 3years or so. Plugs maybe? The current plugs are the most expensive NGK iridium plugs with maybe 5000 miles on them(I went down and ordered set of tr55's but they gave me tr5's...are these right?). How much does pinion angle have an affect. Car was lowered about 1 inch and I haven't adjusted pinion angle yet(UMI adjustable TA), it was previously at 0 degrees...I kind of just learn as I go with little help so any input will be appreciated....BTW car is full bolt on with a cam ls6 intake and all that stuff made 380 rwhp...used to go 115-116 in 1/4 and friday I could only go 107 so something is definitely wrong

Thanks Alot,
Chris
Old 10-12-2008, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Are there any codes or anythign coming up?

I would start with the simple things, run some injector cleaner through it, check the plugs, and make sure all of your fluids are right.

Is it something that happens in the same RPM range no matter what throttle position is? Have you data logged the car since the problem started?

-Tim
Old 10-13-2008, 12:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

no codes....slow response bank 1 comes every now and then but i was told it was just the headers. It is only noticable at wide open throttle, have not data logged the car
Old 10-13-2008, 12:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

check your fuel pressure and make sure your pump isn't starting to take a dump on you