Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Rear End Shop in MD

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Rear End Shop in MD

Hey guys, I bought a 99 Trans Am that I took to Mr. Tire to get an MD State Inspection on it, and supossedly my rear is bad. Mr. Tire wants to replace the wheel bearings for $330, but I am still not convinced this is going to solve my problem to begin with. Any idea how much it would cost to swap a different/newer 10 bolt into it? Also, any goood shops in MD I can go to, inorder to get a second opinion? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex
Old 01-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2DMNFST
Hey guys, I bought a 99 Trans Am that I took to Mr. Tire to get an MD State Inspection on it, and supossedly my rear is bad. Mr. Tire wants to replace the wheel bearings for $330, but I am still not convinced this is going to solve my problem to begin with. Any idea how much it would cost to swap a different/newer 10 bolt into it? Also, any goood shops in MD I can go to, inorder to get a second opinion? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

What is the reason why mr tire wants to replace the rear wheel bearings.. what did they tell you?..Did they have the axles out of the car?
Old 01-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Launching!

Ya, they pulled the axels. And the axels have slight indentations from the bearings. So they claim that if they replace the bearings they will pass me for inspection. The rear isnt the quitest thing on planet earth but it rides fine. So I'm not sure what to do..

Alex
Old 01-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Hey TheOutlaw1, would you guys be able to put a whole rear in? If so, PM me with details, but I will need to know by tommorrow morning by 7:30. Depending how much you guys would charge to put a whole rear in for I may just have you guys do that rather then screw around new wheel bearings and that crap. So let me know.

Thanks,
Alex
Old 01-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They should NEVER have looked at that for inspection. If you need the car looked at i can do it whenever you want. Feel free to let me know.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:44 PM
12 Second Club

HEY 2DMNFST i was gonna say get a hold of tyson at PAF but he already posted, he cn help ya out and hes local.

and tyson ill be down there soon.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

thats an odd thing to have done for inspection, sounds like a way to generate revenue in slow times
Old 01-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
thats an odd thing to have done for inspection, sounds like a way to generate revenue in slow times

Yup, thats exactly what I think it is. But unfortunatly I just let them do it so I can finally register the car. But thanks for the input guys.

Alex
Old 01-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2DMNFST
Hey TheOutlaw1, would you guys be able to put a whole rear in? If so, PM me with details, but I will need to know by tommorrow morning by 7:30. Depending how much you guys would charge to put a whole rear in for I may just have you guys do that rather then screw around new wheel bearings and that crap. So let me know.

Thanks,
Alex
Hey Alex.. If you have the rear... I can put it in while you wait.. If you dont have a rear I am a Strange and Moser Dealer and can set you up with new rear. Or I can do a complete rebuild your current rear. I would need the car for a day for the rebuild + parts.. Call me at the shop 410-833-3713. I normally work late so you should be able to reach me.. Or you can send me a PM with what you would like to do..