Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Need local shop for ABS delete

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 11:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need local shop for ABS delete

So my ABS light is now on constantly and I'm going to buy the SJM kit with the line lock to get rid of the whole system. Before I buy it anybody know of a shop that can do a nice job with this? Looking for an NY or NJ shop no more than an hour away from NYC.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why do people ask these questions where to go local...hint....theres a sticky with all the local shops that are sponsors.

Or are you looking for opions ??

If so go to CARTEK they are local and one of the best shops around.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:38 PM
12 Second Club

Ths sponsor list is not that big. plus not a single one is less than an hours drive for me which is what i am looking for. trying to find the most convenient and reputable shop. i've been to cartek before at the old location shop. they did a dyno tune for me. i'll have to call them and get an estimate.

the job sounds pretty straightforward. but with an abs delete the space is real cramped and it can prove to be a bitch to do nicely with the enigne in the car. if the shop has experience with abs deletes the better the estimate. don't want a small estimate and a big bill because it took alot longer than anticipated.

*edit kaltech may be within an hour*
Old 02-02-2009, 03:02 PM
12 Second Club

called cartek they won't do it on cars registered on the street. looks like the search will continue.